My New Denon SC3900 & My Pioneer 850 Mixer

djFirstClass Post 11 May 2013 17:05

Hello Everybody!

I recently purchased a SC3900 & Pioneer 850 Mixer ! I’m excited about my new workflow coming from using a MC6000 Controller using Traktor pro 2- 2.6 . So my questions are how do I use Traktor scratch with my new equipment? Do I have to purchase a DVS system? I was told the 3900 was time code ready so i don’t need the CD’S How do I set everything to run thru the mixer and control Traktor on my Mac Book pro? Do I need to download a tsi. file if so which one? Any help would be a great help thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Beau Selecta

Post 11 May 2013 17:30

If you want scratch control you will need Traktor Scrath Pro 2. The tsi for the sc3900 is here: http://www.denondjforums.com/index.php/forums-traktor-mapping, just load up Traktor Scratch 2, update it to version 2.6.1 then import the tsi file. Connect your sc3900 via USB to the Mac, connect the phono’s to the 850 mixer and off you go.

djFirstClass Posts: 4 Joined: 11 May 2013 16:52 Location: Boston Mass Post 11 May 2013 17:53

Thanks Beau! I will keep you posted I’m in the process of updating the firm ware of the SC 3900 at this point I only have one 3900 is there a way to use scratch pro With one 3900 ?

DENON Post 11 May 2013 19:51

djFirstClass wrote: is there a way to use scratch pro With one 3900 ?

Sure for “one deck”.

Beau Selecta

Post 12 May 2013 13:10

Using what I know, which is limited at best, the only way I can figure out using one deck is to use the “duplicated track” trick within Traktor. Go into Traktor > Preferences > Loading and then uncheck the top box “Loading only into stopped deck” and then check the next but one box down “Duplicate deck when loading same track”. Doing this, if you mix a track in on deck A and then select the same track for deck B, Traktor should automatically bump the track into the current play position indicated on deck A.

So, in theory: connect your sc3900 to deck A, play track, select another random track for deck B and play it using the internal play button on Traktor, while it is playing select the same record that’s on deck A and send to deck B, Traktor starts playing it on deck B from the current position on deck A (random track on deck B must be already playing), flick your crossfader across to deck B, select a fresh record for deck A, mix to perfection, rinse and repeat, profit :smiley:

I happily stand to be corrected on this technique as I’ve not actually tried it myself, but it could work in the interim until you save a bit more cash. Remember, the only thing better than a sc3900 is two sc3900’s 8)

djFirstClass

Thanks again for the help you have been very helpful! Do i have to buy the Traktor scratch software for NI I already have traktor pro 2.6? just unclear from what I’ve been reading also once I load a CD into the 3900 the songs don’t come up in the display it just list "Track 1" at this point i only have the 3900 running thru the 850 mixer no computer would that be the reason there is no CD Track display with song title? thanks again !!

DENON

Post 12 May 2013 23:36

djFirstClass wrote: Do i have to buy the Traktor scratch software for NI I already have traktor pro 2.6? just unclear from what I’ve been reading

Yes, in order to use DVS, you will require Traktor Scratch, Traktor Pro will not work. I think the upgrade price is $120 US, visit their website.

also once I load a CD into the 3900 the songs don’t come up in the display it just list "Track 1" at this point i only have the 3900 running thru the 850 mixer no computer would that be the reason there is no CD Track display with song title? thanks again !!

What type of CD’s? If normal Audio Discs (CDDA) these discs must have “CD Text” included in order to see the names. You would need to add the names yourself (in most cases) by burning CD-R’s yourself and adding the names, yourself.

djFirstClass

Thanks again !