Music Tagging

Hello All!

I have been using the Beatport Pro App to tag my music files for a while now but have since seen it has been discontinued. Im after a way to tag my files in a similar way to how this app worked.

What I liked about this app was I could play a track and bring up the mood section, it gave me predefined options for moods such as, groovy, funky, proggy etc… I could even add my own moods. These would show up as boxes that I would click on, this would then write the moods to the comment fields then I would import into iTunes where I manage my music.

For example a comments field would look like this,

Vocal, Funky, Groovy, Piano // Tinted Records

I preferred the ease of having predefined moods, and maybe the option to add my own, rather than writing in each tag separately ( I know, im lazy!) I dont have a lot of spare time to listen and sort new music and this was a really quick and easy option for me.

Below is a screenshot of how the tagging works. Any ideas would be great!

Thanks.

1 Like

So the feature request would be the ‘MyTags’ feature which is found in Rekordbox, implemented in Engine Prime.

1 Like

You will need to put this in the feature request section of the forum where the developers look at it , if it gets enough votes for their time.

There’s a laid out form and some questions to answer

Thanks for the replies, it wasnt so much a feature request for Engine Prime but an alternative to Beatport Pro. I wasnt aware this feature existed in Rekordbox so thanks for you help.

There is already a feature request for this functionality here

https://community.enginedj.com/t/user-defined-global-tags-for-songs/14814?u=mufasa

I don’t think taking advantage of this feature is about being lazy, it just helps to maintain uniformity in the comments tags.

When typing it in manually, there is a high likelihood of errors in typing, inconsistent tags eg Hip-Hop vs Hip Hop

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.