Music from tidal slow to load - prime 2

Up to today music has always loaded very quickly. Today some tracks are taking 20 or 30 seconds to load. Some still load quickly. Seems random. Don’t know if a Denon or a Tidal issue. If anyone is kind enough to respond please keep it simple - I am not a pro and not techie!

Thanks

Steve

It’s Tidal.

I had an issue on New Year’s Eve where so many tidal users were using the service, it became unusable, with searches either taking minutes before giving up and giving no results, or taking two to three minutes to pull any results, and even then, only what I’d consider partial results.

I contacted tidal about this and they just swept it under the rug, with a “but it’s working ok now though yeah?” as if the issue never happened.

If tidal take on more users monthly, then these “too many subscribers” issues and bottlenecks will happen more and more regularly, not just New Years Eve.

Makes sense… I wonder how motivated they will be to increase server capacity over their motivation to charge more people 10.99 a month.

I’m currently analyzing some playlist on Tidal (for the dutchies: carnavalsmuziek) onto the Engine cloud functionality. But where the first twenty track were razorfast, then it seems like I hit some sort of IO throttling. Not sure whether is Tidal not accepting me to load so many tracks this fast or it’s the backend system of Engine which cannot handle it.

Device used: Prime4
Playlist used: https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/8fbf7151-95d8-497a-b90b-c93439fd2257