Move Engine DJ Library To A Bigger Harddrive

hey guys,

my Engine Library & Engine Library Backup is @ C:\Users\aschm\Music and it takes a lot of my space. is it possible to move this to another internal harddrive ? i can’t find the option in Engine DJ.

Moving music with EDJ is always a risk. But you can proceed like this:

1. Close Engine DJ
  2. Move your music wherever you want, trying to at least keep the file paths intact, i.e. move the entire “Music” folder in a single block, don’t move or mix the various folders that contain your tracks.
  3. If you do as I wrote above, you could also restore everything as it was originally if something doesn’t work.
  4. Make a backup copy of your Engine database: you can find it in \Music\Engine Library\Database2
  5. Now open Engine DJ: you will see all your tracks in red, as it can no longer find them.
  6. From your collection, highlight all the tracks, then right-click on them and select “Auto relocate All”.
  7. It will take some time but Engine DJ should find all your lost tracks.
  8. If that doesn’t work, you can always restore everything to how it originally was by using your backup copies of the Engine database and restoring your music folder exactly where it originally was.

-I have feeling that auto relocate doesn’t work properly. I’ve tried it many times and I’ve never succeeded.

-to me it isn’t clear whether Topic Starter wants to move his music or only the databases.

I would try the following:

1. Backup your engine database (C:\Users\aschm\Music\Engine Library)
  2. Move C:\Users\aschm\Music to your new drive e.g. D:\Music using the Properties dialog for your Music folder (see steps 11 to 18 in How to move user folders to different location on Windows 10 | Windows Central)

This should work because in the engine database file paths are stored as relative paths to your music folder. I have already done this multiple times.

1 Like

what i would like to is that engine uses drive D:\ instead of drive C:
the library & the database !

all tracks i get from beatport or as promomail are also stored in D:\Trance

engine creates EVERYTIME the library & the database on C:\Users\aschm\Music (WINDOWS DRIVE) but i have a lot of more space on drive D:\

1 Like

this is what i’m seraching for ! thank you very much !

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.