Momentary channel drop out

Hi. I’m getting an issue where every few minutes, the right channel will drop out, but just for a second, then it comes back on. This happens on both the booth and master outs. This has been happening for months, but I’m only posting about it now.

I can only be sure this happens when playing from a Line In source. I’m passing it through on Channel 1 but it happens from multiple laptop sources and multiple streaming sources (Twitch, SomaFM, Mixcloud…)

To me this seems like a issue with the Prime 4, given the source doesn’t matter, and that it’s reliably momentary for the same length of time each time – to me that means it’s not the cable either. I’m using the latest firmware, as of yesterday anyway.

Any hints as to how to troubleshoot this? I have not opened a support request yet, but will if the forum doesn’t provide clue.

Thanks.

I can verify the momentary channel drop out happens when loading tracks from BeatSource as well.

It’s as if the Prime 4 is running out of processing power. When loading a new track on one side, the currently playing track on the other side drops out, just for a moment, on one channel.

No one else ever experience this?

I am just outside of the 2 year warranty, sadly, although this has happened intermittently for well before, during the warranty period.

If happens localy, then it can be Slow usb or sd card can cause this. Read speed is too slow for multiple reads at the same time… But from beatsource… Maybe try to reinstall the firmware. There could be some errors, that fresh install can fix maybe.