Mixstream pro BPM and Cues

Hi guys Recently brought a mixstream pro and loving it, my DJ friend has been playing around on it and found some issues. When streaming with SoundCloud and moving from song to song, no cue points are saved at all between powering off the unit or even if you come back to a song you’ve played? Also when streaming songs, matching the BPM, the beat grid won’t keep in line with the 4/4 beat, to beat match some songs we played one song at 125bpm and another at 126bpm but they sonically played perfectly. Anyone any ideas or is this normal?

Thanks

Think of it this way: did I connect/select a storage source (sd card or usb media) so that the unit has somewhere to store that info?

3 Likes

It is normal - if both songs are actually 125 or 126bpm - meaning one song has its bpm and beatgrid incorrectly analyzed by the engine os. Remember - no software is ever 100% accurate.

Since it is not possible to manually correct bpm on the unit (only adjust the grid left/right) I suggest using bought and downloaded tracks that can be prepared if you rely on beatgrids for beatmatching.

2 Likes

So what would be the way to save cue points on streaming? As virtual DJ saves my SoundCloud cue points when I shut down and reload. But the OS (engine DJ) on my mixstream doesn’t. Is this just a software issue?

Hi Josh, the answer is in my quoted post.

Please, if you already haven’t, read the mixstream manual before posting more questions - while the forum is here to help users a basic understanding of unit operation is required.