Mixed in Key cue points - key

The last time i spoke to the MIK team they said compatibility with Engine was on the cards, however their development cycle appears painfully slow and a closed forum doesn’t help, however i digress.

These are the steps i take to import MIK cue points, you can try this with a small USB stick and a handful of tracks to ensure it works before you go all in.

1. Open MIK, click on the + on collection and Name your folder, ensure this folder is selected
  2. Click on ‘+ Add Files’ on the main MIK window or Navigate to where your tunes are located and drag and drop them into this window, both work the same way. MIK will automatically start to analyse your tracks.
  3. When MIK has finished analysing, open Serato DJ and click on ‘Make New Crate’, for sanity give this folder the same name as the one in MIK.
  4. Jump back to MIK and click on Settings and ensure Serato is ticked. If you want MIK cue points to appear in Serato and subsequently Engine then you need to ensure Yes Mixed in Key should overwrite any cue points already found in the collection. Still in MIK, Click on collection and drag your new files or folder into Serato then click on Analyze Files. To ensure that the cue points have imported to Serato just drag one of the tracks onto a deck. Close Serato.
  5. Open Engine Prime and click on settings then Library and under integration ensure that Serato Library is set to on.
  6. Click on the Serato collection icon under the search icon then hit update library.
  7. Create a folder for your new tracks, again to keep it clean give it the same name as MIK and Serato, jump back into MIK and drag your new tracks into Engine Prime, now select all the tunes then select Analyze Tracks.

If you followed all of the above then you will now have your MIK cue points in Engine Prime.

4 Likes

So it only works with a new library… Damn!!!

I tried backing up and creating a new library just to check the workflow and it does work. However, for some odd reason I have 2 Engine Libraries in 2 locations and they have both been merged, so ■■■ is going on there idk. Lucky I backed them both up beforehand.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Would be great if the developers could address this MIK issue.

1 Like

Thanks for this response, was very detailed which helped. Unfortunately I don’t want to completely wipe my existing Engine Library to import MIK cue points, so I’ll have to go through each track and probably lose the will to live as I have thousands :frowning:

What locations?

Do you have a single drive in your computer or more?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.