Migrating from Apple music on Mac to iTunes on pc

Hi Guys,

Do we have any experts on this, in here?

Best regards Engell

Not an expert, but my guess would be that when you log into iTunes on a PC with your account credentials you have the same music and playlists in it. I do not know how many time tracks can be downloaded in iTunes or applemusic. But you can be sure that the engine DJ can do nothing with the old database. Windows had en very different map structure then Apple.

Its my own tracks on my mac book, its just to old now and more and more issues are happening, so want to move my playlists and tracks to my new pc instead

There may be a better way but I’d copy my music folder from the Mac to the iTunes/music folder on the PC and build a new library from that. It won’t copy the playlists but it will find all the music. If you use WAV files you’ll have to tweak the metadata on those. As for playlists, I export them from the Mac, open them in text edit and change the file path to the new one, then import that into the PC iTunes.

Apple has a guide

Consolidating will mess up your folder set up though.

You should attempt it without doing that step.

Copy all your music folder to an external drive

Copy the iTunes library as well

Launch that library in new PC

Hi m8,

I have tried that, but seems like that the issue is going from Apple Music to iTunes. No problem from iTunes to iTunes, but I have Apple Music

Best regards

I stopped allowing Apple to have any control over my music collection years ago. I still buy music from iTunes (in the Apple Music app as its now called) but as soon as it downloads I remove it from the folder it’s created, rename it, then delete the folder and move the file to my own ‘album’ folder.

They really have messed up how they deal with music, album art etc.