Midi control from Prime 4

The ability to midi control external software such as Ableton Live, Bitwig or Resolume from the Prime 4 would be amazing.

Currently looking at options of what to upgrade to from my DDJ-SX2, either this or the DDJ1000 (I know they’re different products, but they’re the currently winning products on my radar)

I love that this standalone unit has Ableton Link support! But can it control external software via midi? I can’t find clear answers online about this feature

1 Like

Today I mapped Denon Prime 4 from Ableton Live, no problem.For now, only the channel faders and crossfader I’ll check buttons, pads and knobs later.It’s very simple and I use the Denon kit usb cable.

1 Like

I mapped Prime 4 with Traktor, so it is possible to map everything except display.

3 Likes

I guy !

Do you know where to find TSI file to map prime 4 with traktor 2 pro ? I want to try making some remix with this combination and add a traktor kontrol F1 tu use traktor’s remix deck as sampler.

thanks and regards

My map is not fully finished, I made it on team viewer with one of the forum members, as I don’t have the prime 4 to fully finish that project. But it is very functional and You can play basic dj set with it. You can add Your own ideas and functions there as well. PM me your email, and I will send it to You. Map is done on traktor 3, so some functions on traktor 2 could not work. It will need a bit of tinkering with it.

1 Like

Yeah thank you very much NoiseRiser !

I contact you by MP.

I have already made TSI file for A&H Xone3D and old Traktor 3, and tried to make same mapping but with T2pro, because T2pro has an official TSI file for Xone4D but not 3D. So i’m a little familiar with TSI editing with old T3, and i think your file may show me the good way to be familiar with T2pro TSI editing.

See ya

thx

would you be willing to share your mapping?

Sure, DM me Your email, and I can send it to you. It is not finished as I have no access to a prime 4 anymore, but most of the functions work.

Sorry… i cant figure out how to do a direct message on this system. Where do i find that function?

Click on the avatar