Microphone options Prime 2

hi there. not sure if this is the correct area to post this, but here goes…

are there any plans to offer more options to tweak the microphone in the prime 2 settings in a future update?

at the moment there are only 2 options (attenuation and send to booth). however, in the prime 4 settings there are a few extra options that would be nice on the prime 2.

• talkover level
  • talkover resume
  • send to headphones.

assuming these are programmable features, it’d be nice if these were to become available in a future software update to enhance the user experience.

I appreciate that there has to be things that differentiate the P4 from the P2 & Go (apart from the obvious size difference :joy:) but a man can wish & hope​:+1:t5:

Sending mic to headphones seems not possible: https://community.enginedj.com/t/implemented-mic-heard-as-headphone-cue/18288/20

@Denon How can this happen? Especially during streaming this is a real problem! This is a very basic feature!

I appreciate that send to headphones may not be possible, due to hardware limitations. but the talkover features, for me, are more of importance.

I find that it “ducks” the music volume too harshly which, in turn, make the sound quality extremely undesirable

1 Like

In my opinion the best way to duck the music is to do it manually.

I own several products that have a ducking option, but never use them. Moving the fader yourself while you use the mic allows you to control the amount and the speed to your own liking.

as valid as your suggestion is, are we not missing the point here?

just because there’s a workaround SURELY that doesn’t mean that there isn’t a need for a feature to function how you’d like it to, rather than as it is.

if denon assumed that everyone was ok with the standard talkover feature then surely they wouldn’t have given P4 users an option to tweak it to their own preferences.

Yes I know the Prime 4 has more options. It’s the more expensive product. I also own one, but still don’t use the auto ducking (see previous post).

You complain that the ducking is too harsh. I simply suggested an option that will allow you to duck how you want, rather than how a setting determines.

Don’t take it as a critism of your post or request, but as general advice.

thanx for the suggestion, it’s appreciated that you’ve taken time to try to help. please don’t feel that I was being dismissive of your comment, which was never my intention.

I know it’s probably not the 1st time this has been requested. but as the saying goes…if you don’t ask, you don’t get.:+1:t5:

1 Like