MCX 8000 Mk2 . . . . . What's on your Wish List?

You mean like…oh, I know, the MC2000, MC4000, MC7000 and MCX8000?

I don’t mind only having the two channels work stand alone. I like having the four channels to plug a phone or iPad with Spotify in. And then maybe a datalink Ethernet port to the mixer so you could hook an sc500 in. Then the whole prime firmware within the device. But more than anything device that addresses all of the most important flaws like freezing etc.

I don’t own one but all of the main issues are what hold me back. The screen freezing etc. I love this device I’d pay rx2 money for it if I weren’t worried that I’d have a screen freezing scenerio in the middle of a wedding. I have nightmares about that but I want to buy the 8k so bad.

I own the MCX8000 and haven’t had any of the hardware glitches that other users are describing (nearly all have been address in the recent firmware update), HOWEVER, I do have major gripes now with the Engine Prime Music Management Software. I want so bad to endorse this controller, as it has features, build, sound quality, and potential that far exceeds many other controller on the market, but the Engine Software is holding the MCX8000 back from being one the best pieces of DJ equipment on the market.

1 Like

This message is for InMusic and Denon . . .

I wish to go on record to “Thank Denon for listening to their Customers and Supporters!”

As you will know I have been a big supporter of Denon over many years, but last year, following the sad shortfalls of the MCX8000, I started this column “MCX 8000 Mk2 . . . What’s on your Wish List?”,… And I notice that most if not all of the suggestions that were highly recommended by professional DJs, have been taken forward in the development of the New Prime 4. This is a forum working as it should, keeping close links between the manufacturer and its best customers/supporters. This said, it would be nice to see some recognition towards the people that have helped/supported Denon develop the Prime 4 and also hope that lessons have been learnt buy InMusic/Denon regarding customer communication/support.

I will be purchasing a Prime 4 very shortly and will be back to let you all know how I get on. . . Thank you everyone that’s commented on this string re: Mk2 over the last year and thank you again to Denon for listening and of course, their development of the New Prime 4.

Best Wishes Phil James

2 Likes

Dude, you pretty much requested the prime 4! Much wow!

Someone could tell me what is the hardware that has the MCX8000, or CPU ram etc, somewhere in this forum say that that is the limiting but I think that the hardware that has can give much more still (not like the prime 4) but better than it does now but without the information of cpu and ram is deficil to speak, pardon my English regards