Maybe a silly Q: Is there a way to keep 6000M platter spinning when it reaches end of track?

This is what I’m talking about.

Oh ok, but I still think his and my request would mostly do what he wants even if (worst case) it’s just one short drum machine sample and even if your idea of editing together a bunch of them is better in final use. As he said, he’s got like 700 of these things. The request for this option would also mitigate the issues of cogging at the end of the track and some of the hot cue & needle drop stuff, if I remember correctly. After all, on a real turntable if you move the needle somewhere after track has ended and the TT is still rotating, you don’t hit play again.

In relative mode or absolute mode?

We’re reliving the first days when dvs was first introduced. These were the same conversations back then.

My point in all of this is that even if leaving room for back queuing happens it won’t add anything magical to performing.

Back in the days scratch djs lusted for the means of having vinyl pressed with their own stack of samples. Now you can daw your own files easy. Traktor made is easy a long time ago and now serato with the addition of scratch banks. So that’s why I say it’s best to create scratch banks instead of editing one sample at a time. Use the one shots for the engine dj drop sampler and the scratch bank daw edit for performing fun.

I’m not against the feature as it is what I’m used to with Traktor.

In real life playing vinyl.

I know lol

Dvs does a little more than real vinyl can. So I raise an eyebrow and make a comment every time I read that ‘it’s gotta be like vinyl’ especially for things that can only be done in relative mode on dvs.

Yeah, I didn’t previously scrutinize it much, until there were issues with needle drop, hot cues, and cogging at the end, but now it turns out it’d also help the people scratching samples, too.

Hello again,

I’m having trouble understanding the argument for NOT having a “Keep platter spinning at end of track” OPTION in the settings.

Note that:

1. It’s incredibly simple
  2. It does not require system resources (processing power / memory / etc)
  3. It would be VERY helpful for a lot of people for many reasons - including scratch headz
  4. Samples (for scratch, etc) turn up in your collection one at a time. So, without this functionality, you’re constantly having to extend the end of each sample with silence on a DAW (prior to adding it to your collection, if the platter demands that it stops spinning at end of track), or use a DAW to add newly collected samples to sample banks (then you have the issue of what to name the sample bank so that you have some idea of the bunch of random samples it contains)!
  5. It gets the player closer to the best of what you can do with real vinyl - i.e. using the deck as an instrument.
  6. It’s just an OPTION so it doesn’t '‘force’ anyone to do anything they don’t want to do or prefer not to do.

So why the heck wouldn’t / shouldn’t this basic functionality be included (as an OPTION)? Is there any actual reason???