Master-OUT/Recording volume doesn't match VU-meters after 3.1 upgrade

Oh, and before I forget; I do appreciate your thinking with me. Awesome bunch of people you are!!

3 Likes

I guess that puts me flying the flag for Mexico :wink:ā€¦. A lot of people where I live are employed at Nissan.

Youā€™re right about random component changes on production runs and it could be a definite explanation for this issue.

1 Like

I just realised that you say you have a Prime Go too. I havenā€™t done the test on the Prime Go. it was just the Prime 4. So itā€™s the same there as well? Thatā€™s interesting.

I do have a Go though.

Yes, I do. Plus an SC6000 and an LC6000. Denon fanboy, you saidā€¦? :wink:

1 Like

Prime 4, Prime Go and SC5000Ms here. I can feel your passion!

1 Like

Weirdly enough I have the exact opposite issue with my Prime 4+ running 3.1. Iā€™ve just recorded a mix where I kept the master VU meter around 0db, and the wave form when I open it in Audacity is absolutely tiny:

For comparison this is the same track recorded on a Prime Go running 3.1, with the gain pots at 12 o clock and 0db on the VU meters:

I donā€™t know if there is a setting on the Prime 4+ Iā€™ve overlooked but I canā€™t spot anything.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. We might be on to somethingā€¦

Rightā€¦ I just came home and performed a factory reset of my Prime 4 and low and beholdā€¦ the recording level is back to what it was before the firmware update

Later tonight, I will compare the settings of the Prime 4 with those on the Prime Go to see if I can identify the culprit

3 Likes