Mark played tracks on player 1 in the player2 playlist

Hello guys im using 2 denon sc6000, i wonder is there is a way to mark played tracks in the other player. for example if i play a song on player 1 and have the same playlist on player 2 mark in both playlist the song

thanks in advance

Same source or different? Mine marks as played when from the same source

same source but played in player 1 not showed as played in player 2 and viceversa

1 Like

Mine do… how are the players connected > mine a via Link to each other

1 Like

Im not sure if you need a Denon mixer for that feature. It works for me with a X1850.

i have a denon mixer x1850 maybe is the connection. do u have a diagram or correct config settings

1 Like

This is a fun one because the players are working on two different instances of the database. :worried:

how to solve it?

You have one source for both player or each player has its source drive? For this feature to work you have to use one source drive for both player.

You can find it here: X1850 manual

2 Likes

Only way I am aware is to have a single source you can’t. This is a problem that goes beyond the scope of the features of the player. They were not programmed to do what you want them to.

1 Like

djliquidice, you are talking about a database instance as “source” while this thread refers to “source” as the storage media for tracks (SSD, USB, SD card), so it would be good to clarify things for people.

I believe the tracks are marked as played only in the playlists and not in prepare section of the player or in the folders. Mentioning this because some people do not distinguish between them.

@oskarinmix if you are correctly refering to playlist, test if the tracks get marked as played once you 1.) exit and re-enter the playlist on player 2 or 2.) change source on player 2 and then back to original source and select the playlist containing the track

1 Like

ill try it later today and i get a video to show you guys all my settings and setups

Thank you for helping clarify @SlayForMoney. My understanding is that if a playlist exists on a player, then that player has a storage device mounted with an instance of a Sqlite3 database. That’s why I pointed to the database itself.

I only use players that have storage devices managed by Engine DJ, and those devices are the source for the music and database, which is why I put them together. =)

This had never happened to me until the last update. I noticed that while having a drive on player 1 and player 2 linked to player one that I didn’t get a green played stats on player 2. Strangely, I back out of the playlist on player 2 and loaded it again and all the played tracks showed green.

You need to link them, you can connect an Ethernet cable directly between them or via your Denon mixer if you have one.