Manually Adjust Beatgrid = Varying Tempo/Pitch

I think Mixed In Key does something like that…

Mixed in key does not involve grid analysis. Only key, bpm, energy level and optionally cues.

BPM = Grid, but Mixed in Key does only write it’s BPM to the track’s file tag, which is always an integer. There is no beatmarker information from Mixed in Key.

1 Like

I didn’t say MIK does grids…

The post was talking about cloud based data.

Your posts they are loose and ambiguous and sometimes they are not focused to what they mean

1 Like

I don’t think so. The posts are displayed in order. It’s clear who’s replying to who. I don’t see an issue.

When you sayed “something like that” was long away from focused. It is often you seem to just add of comments onto every post for just to see your name show

1 Like

That’s sounds like how the CDDB (Cd database) used to work, and maybe still works. Users could rip a retail CD And the ripper would just call ea h track just “Track 1” and “Track 2” and so on unless the record company had filled in the data for that CD already into the database. But users could also type in their own track and artist data in for an unrecognised CD which would then show up where other people ripped the same CD title on their computer, then the other users typing would get suggested for the empty fields.

This was good, as long as everyone who contributed could spell, knew what a Caps Lock button did,and wasn’t out to deliberately de-rail the central database by typing in wild data.

like @LargoS already said, it is not very clear what you are commenting on

For the record, MiK operates 100% local, no cloud in sight.

1 Like

I’m guessing you don’t actually use Mixed In Key, because it has required an online connection for all versions after v2.5 (it’s now v8.5).

not a very good guesser then. I’ve developed 2 tools that are extensions to what Mixed in Key does:

• Traktor Cue and Key Tool, which goes way beyond how MiK sets cues in Traktor
  • Rekordbox Cue and Key Tool, among many other things this enables MiK cues in Rekordbox

both with full consent and endorsement of the Mixed in Key team. and yes MiK requires an internet connection during operation

Lol

Despite so much practice @

1 Like

…and you’re not very good at understanding that if MIK requires an internet connection, it’s not “100% local”.

I see you’re advertising yet again. No, I’m not going to buy anything from you.

there are other reasons for requiring a live internet connection. and if you still doubt me, wireshark is your friend.

For goodness sake! Are you trying to say that it’s still “100% local” even if it’s connecting to the internet?

It really isn’t that hard to comprehend. If it requires an internet connection (for any reason) then it’s not 100% local. Period.

More than likely to validate a legal license etc.

No, the details are online if you care to Google.

Google what exactly PK?

Google for the details (of why MIK needs an internet connection).

No your ok thanks, i’ll continue to watch you dig your own hole.

As you were.

There’s no hole here. Solid ground.