Lost PC playlists in 3.01 update, now cannot reimport to PC from USB - help!

Hi. I updated my Windows 10 PC and SC Live 4 to Engine 3.01 and I have lost my Windows PC based playlists, I still have them on a USB, thankfully, although I am unable to get them back onto the PC as it doesn’t seem to be supported?? I’m getting very anxious as there’s an awful lot of work in there. Please, can anyone come up with a solution?

I’ve updated to 3.1 and now Engine DJ on my Macbook won’t add any new tracks to my playlists on my USB drives, just says export completed. Had this problem once before when there was an update and then had to wait ages for another update to fix it.

I couldn’t see a way of reimporting from the USB and realised I had nothing to lose, so uninstalled EngineDJ v3.01 from the laptop and deleted a couple of remaining folders on the C:\ drive, rebooted the laptop and did a clean install of v3.01 with the USB stick removed from the PC.

I then opened Engine DJ and, as if by magic, I had my playlists back again, cue, loops and all, but with duplicate tracks from both the HDD and USB. I closed EngineDJ, reformated the USB, restarted Engine DJ and then synced the playlists to the USB stick. And it’s all there. I’m perplexed and cannot offer an explanation but very relieved.

Good luck Jay_E, I hope you can resolve your issue as easily as I did, even if it was from a place ignorance and trial and error.

3 Likes

hey @CosmicTurtle , glad to hear you found a solution!

• Which version did you update from?
  • You’re correct, unfortunately, it’s not possible to sync playlists and tracks back to an internal database, they can only be exported to external drives

Hey @Jay_Eddicott

• Does the operation work if you drag the playlists to your drive instead of using sync manager?
  • Which version did you update from to get to 3.0.1?
  • If you go back to the previous version does it work as expected? You can download older builds here by scrolling down Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply, I’ve not tried the drag over option but will do later when I get home from work. I updated from 3.0 to 3.1

many thanks

1 Like

Mike, I updated to 3.01 from 3.00. I consider the inability to restore back to the PC from a USB to be a glaring and major omission from the desktop software. What happens when a laptop HDD has to be replaced, or it gets stolen? Other DJ software does this, please add this as a feature!

Seems to be ok now, was probably me being an old fool :woozy_face:

1 Like