Lost confidence after one time playing on Prime 2. Please advice

I had issues like that with my Prime Go when I first got it. The solution that worked for me was to analyze all new tracks twice. In my system, engine dj will freeze just like my Prime Go with certain mp3s unless they are analyzed twice. Don’t know why but it’s the only thing that worked.

1 Like

Thats why you should analyze all your tracks BEFORE going live with them.

One reason i dont like streaming. I want to KNOW the track i hit play on is the right track (clean or dirty depending on gig) and is 100% playable. If I own those tracks on a hard drive then I have control over them

1 Like

Check and see if there are any special characters in the metadata. I might even get rid of the two characters with the accent mark in the name.

It helps if you realize that other people can have different experiences than you do.

1 Like

I have found a solution for the non-local files. I did an export to Dropbox for the very first time. I stopped this export because I saw that I had set the wrong target disk. I then set up the external SSD, which is why the Prime 2 saw the files as ‘Dropbox links’. I reformatted the SSD in the Prime 2 and did a proper export. Now all tracks are local.

I exported an XML from Rekordbox and imported into Engine DJ, after that i set the Rekordbox playlist into Engine dj Playlists and then automaticly the program analyzes all the tracks.

Thanks, for your comment. I’d rather share the track which gives problems so anyone can see their Prime crash. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

By all means share it we will happily take a look and see whats up

Interested! Pls share here or in PM and I’ll be happy to look into the file

It’s most likely something with the track, I’ve actually never had my prime 2 crash on me while using it in standalone but I have had audio just stop being outputted a couple time’s while using it in controller mode with vdj in max.

The Prime 2/4 units crashing when loading tunes that have been through Rekordbox is a known issue.

My Prime 2 also crashed and restarted several times during the first day i used it. While i was loading some tracks instantly the unit restarted. I found 112 tracks from 1200 causing the problem. The problem was Recordbox. I did the xml method as you did, which for a reason is corrupted. The problem is with the method. When i manually created my playlists folder through engine software and put my music with select all songs from each recordbox playlist and then paste into the engine playlists i never had a problem again. For some reason the procedure with the xml file from recordbox is the problem. It’s not your mp3 files.

The truth is that Denon wants to enable smooth transition from Pioneer of Traktor world but its not perfect and will never be. Focus is onto Denon own software and hardware features. I will treat import from non Denon software as a fun feature but never relay my life on it. I came from Traktor world and spend a lot of time adding my music collection onto Engine DJ, every song one by one not using import from Traktor. Now I have 100% working collection with cues, correct beatgrids and saved loops and It never caused my Prime 2 to crash (I bought Prime 2 in December 2020).

2 Likes

A user on this forum received the track on which the prime 2 crashed from me and his device also crashed. It turned out to be in special characters like ë or ö. After removing the characters I was able to play the track normally without it crashin

2 Likes

Glad it worked…

I gotta say, special characters causing a player to crash seems like pretty lazy coding.

2 Likes

It would i think (not speaking or being able to read other languages) arkward to read the title. But yes it appearedto be the accents above a few letters Change them to english characters and track works.

Maybe impliment a language/keyboard layout option would be better

Thanks to your research :+1:

1 Like

I mean a quick fix would be to have a simple if statement that just replaces unrecognized characters with a placeholder. They could probably do it in 3 lines of code.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.