LOOP saved in Engine Prime do not appear on controller

Hopefully this is the last question I have now that I moved from Serato/Pioneer to Engine/Denon. I searched online (and also check the posts under “Your topic is similar to…” but I did not find the solution. I have loops set that I see in Engine Prime under LOOP. See example here in screenshot with a track with 3 loops saved.

But I don’t see them once working with the USB key in my MCX8000 controller. I see HOT CUE points, but not my LOOP points :frowning:

EDIT: I read in an old post that it is not possible in standalone mode. Is it still actual, not possible?

The MCX8000 is not a Prime product, and I’m pretty sure that Engine desktop software no longer supports it (support was added previously because MCX owners complained, but the fact remains it’s not a Prime product).

What version of Engine desktop are you using?

1 Like

Engine Prime version 1.6.1

If I plug the computer via USB and use Serato, then all functions are present (incl. lists as they were saved and sorted, saved loops, different selectable effects and so on). If I use the USB key the effects are limited to 3 (echo, phaser, noise, what a joke). I can’t use the saved loops from the Engine Prime v1.6.1 (with of course the MCX8000 compatibility option active in the settings). Then the sorting is weird etc etc.

I don’t understand how it is possible to use MCX8000 as standalone. On the Denon product page there’s only Engine Prime v1.3.3 listed but there is no option to make the tracks compatible with the MCX8000!? I had to install Engine Prime v1.6.1. and then the MCX8000 compatibility option active was available under the settings. Still it does seem very limited. What was the desktop app which was originally coming with the MCX8000 then, to allow to use it as standalone, do you know?

I believe it was originally just called Engine. The Prime version was released when the Prime series debuted.

Owners of older non-Prime products complained that their hardware wasn’t supported (well no, because the new s/w is for Prime series) so Denon relented and added support. The Prime desktop s/w was never really intended for use with anything but Prime products…

Thanx, I understand. I searched for “Denon Engine” but could not find anything without “Prime” or more recent “DJ” version. Anyway. I’m gonna go back to my Pioneer/Serato. MCX8000 is definitely not for me.