Looking for best way to sort my library

Apples versus oranges - not like for like comparing

And you just can’t DJ without smart crates right? That’s an idiotic comparison.

3 Likes

I agree with your words “If Pioneer releases a comparable media… i wonder how many people will stay with Denon”. Yes, the question is only about the time. When? And Who first? And about the price: i want the best machine for my work, the price is secondary, so the target for Denon must be higher, they have done it with new Players.

The difference between Prime and others software is about smart crates only ? however, I learn that for you a much more incomplete product than others can be put on the market. from my point of view it was better to wait to be seriously ready. and now there is very little time to recover. This is my point of view.

Why’s anyone comparing Engine Prime to main DJ playout software. Some people have either forgotten, or they didn’t know in the first place, that Engine Prime isn’t DJ playout software, it’s only for preparation, so that DJs can get their library, their playlists, their hot cues and loops all set and named and exported out to usb drives and usb flash drives READY for their main set on-stage. Engine Prime never goes near a stage, that’s the point that Denon are pushing with standalone or “smart console”.

As it’s pre-stage Preparation software, it can’t be likened to the Traktors and Seratos. It’s different from them by design - it’s supposed to be different.

Even if a comparison was, for some reason, attempted then it would be essential to look that Engine Prime is just 3 years old and compare it to Serato and Traktor at the point when they were just 3 years old too.

2 Likes

So we should compare it to iTunes and Rekordbox.

Remember they told us to change our riders and some did.

Smart crates will come, I’m willing to bet a €100 on it.

2 Likes

so a digital DJ should have intelligent software with intelligent functions to manage its library, and then pass everything on Engine, and then pass everything on the internal hard drive of the P4? but what are we talking about?

It’s 100% obvious that you’re not here to talk (except talk down to everyone). You’re just here to incite arguments.

It’s like those rioters and looters in American right now. Some are 1% acting up because someone did something to somebody, but 99% acting up because they fancy helping themselves to a “free” 80 inch TV, lobbing a few rocks and firing their little pistol in the air. Right now, you’re just firing blanks… noisy and going nowhere.

too much TV.

You’ve just provided yet another example of what I said eg:

Well, so far I see only ignorance and as You mentioned talking people down.

On topic - Pre stage concept so far works very good for me even without any smart crates or other bells and whistles. Also we need to agree that patience is needed to give Denon dj time to develop Engine in to the software that will suit everybody. Screaming and complaining will not help and for sure will not speed things up.

1 Like

I am not sure what is the best way to sort my library, I think this is a very personal thing, everyone has its own tastes.

In my case, what would help me a lot would be to be able to “sync” the contents of an external hdd to the main collection: every folder in the drive could be be a crate, and every subfolder a subcrate, etc. So whenever I remove a file in the drive, that file should be also removed from the collection, and the same when adding new files. That would be great for me (not to speak about being able to manage the library from the players, that would be AWESOME!). Concerning the folder (crate) sorting, currently I use folders named as the date when it was added to the collection (20200325 contains all the tracks that were added the 25th march 2020), since I add like about 100 tracks once or twice a month approximately. But I recognize this is not a good way, I should change the sorting and use genres maybe.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.