Looking for best way to sort my library

Like adding fake T-shirt logos on photographs using photoshop ha

1 Like

You can watch the video of my gigs on my Instagram, just searching ā€œstereomodeofficialā€ before saying nonsense about my t-shirt logo.

Smart crates was introduced in Serato Scratch Live 2.0 released in 2010.

iTunes had Smart playlist before then, think as far back as 2006 (I could be wrong)

2 Likes

and now that we have revealed the truth to all amateurs fanboys, we only have to hope that Denon does not take centuries to develop a 15 years-old algorithm.

OK, I agree, my mistake here. But to call someone amateur? Come on, Smart crates do not make You more pro than others :smiley: LOL

3 Likes

The most important thing is that they listen. Hopefully smart or intelligent crates gets added soon enough. I use it as well in Serato since 2019.

I do hope itā€™s introduced with a Engine Prime tagging system as well.

3 Likes

Very Well said.

1 Like

the thing that worries me is that if in this place some members of the official staff of this brand, as they showed us from their posts, they had no idea how smart crates actually worked, and they write to us that the function is being worked on but itā€™s a complicated thing that takes a long time, you understand that we are dealing with a staff in difficulty compared to such an old algorithm. this means that as regards the software, they were neither prepared on a theoretical level nor ready on a practical level. and many users of this forum are poorly prepared on the topics, and the problem is that with the Denon like method, software development depends on the level of forum users who do not even know what we are talking about. So, here we are in the hands of Jesus Christ my friend.

Youā€™re too modest

Yourself included, purely and simply from the point of view that you have no respect toward other humans, your overall disrespectful attitude and your inability to communicate well with your peers and equals.

3 Likes

Thanks for ā€œcapturingā€ this thread, my friend.

We have already (in other topics) had the discussion regarding smart crates and so on.

You keep saying ā€œweā€ like you are speaking on behalf of some entourage or something like that.

In this thread I actually just asked for ideas to genres-sorting or how else people are doing it. Not starting yet another fight.

The genres-sorting could be implemented in a smart-crate function, no doubt about that - but please, stop calling people names or saying they are dumb etc. in my thread - for that purpose, you can create your own!

And a final word to youā€¦ you started out by saying that all other programs had this for 15+ years, we have proven you wrong time after timeā€¦ now it seems like just one program had this for 15+ years (iTunes) so like all other programs, Engine Prime will also develop over time, but the Engine Prime we see today, is fairly ā€œyoungā€, and is still being improved.

Some modesty would def. suit you, as you seem to get in conflict with alot of people in here.

Thanks!

And for the rest of you, who actually contributed in a possitive way - Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I still have time in Denon until autumn. if the software is not at the level of others on the market, I will go back to managing my music with more efficient systems. And at that point perhaps other brands will have moved on. Weā€™ll see. Graphic improvements on P4 will be absolutely necessary to. (Horizontal view is very very bad - no cover art, no artist, ā€¦)

Thats not for this threadā€¦ once again - Respect!

So you expect that Engine Prime will have the exact same level as Serato wich has been developed over more than a decade, by autumn?! (ItĀ“s NOT a question - so please dont answer that - just to give you something to think about)

Have a good day, sir.

2 Likes

if you propose a new car model on the market what do you do, do you propose a Fiat 500 with 1982 technology saying ā€œdonā€™t worry, we are a new brand, but we will work to offer the same technology of the Lamborghini one dayā€?

With that logic - Serato, RB and others should also have started out with ALL functions from the start. Newsflash: They didnt!!! They got developed over time.

And so will Engine Prime. (Which is way better today, than just a year ago)

Once, again . Have a good day, sir!

3 Likes

As iā€™ve already said here, it will be necessary to see if Denon will be faster to present complete software, or other brands to present hardware that supports the software that they already have. it is only a matter of a few months to understand what will happen. regards

In a few months, you could develop your basic photoshop understanding.

And yes, like Engell said, have a good day.

1 Like

You clearly donā€™t understand how software development worksā€¦ especially in critical areas where there is zero tolerance for errors.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think that obtains Iā€™ve been here long enough to see various requests. Some in my opinion are features that will cripple users who have embraced technology and some to further advance it.

Everyone uses their gear differently and Iā€™m not also a fan of forum members trying to knock on others peopleā€™s request.

Most of the features are introduced as Options, it wonā€™t disturb users who prefer vanilla denon prime!

There is a like button if you like a feature request, if you donā€™t then donā€™t comment

If you need clarification about the feature and how itā€™s used ,feel free to comment.

Thatā€™s my own approach.

Iā€™ve had requests that the next few posts will be to knock it, I just donā€™t respond except when I feel folks donā€™t understand.

No solution is perfect

The denon reps are aware of the request for smart crates as evidenced by their post

https://community.enginedj.com/t/dynamic-smart-crates-or-playlists/11849/5?u=mufasa

I have no doubt it will come, when it will be implemented is the question.

I think it was more of a Lamborghini without a working radio and with a 100km speed limiters we couldnā€™t turn off. Now the limiter is off, you can race! radio works just needing a few more channels!

I agree with you on this. Like Iā€™ve said before we may be on to a new theorem in marketing.

Could be someoneā€™s PhD dissertation.

Because surely but slowly the Denon is now a viable option to Pioneer.

Apart from promised features, I think they also capitalized on the fact that people were fed up with Pioneers dominance. Like we all tend to root for the underdog, whilst hoping that makes the market leader make advances and reconsider its price point.

If Pioneer releases a comparable media player today and itā€™s priced aggressively I wonder how many people will stay with Denon.

One other to mention, the development is moving at a crazy rate this time compared to 2017 to mid 2019.

Iā€™ve been here from the jump so I was like you at some point!

2 Likes

Wooooooooooooooooh there!

Complete ?!?!?!?!?! If any company ever releases something then just sits back and says itā€™s ā€œcompleteā€ then something is seriously wrong with them.

What if SeraTrakual DJ had sat back 5 (oh no hang on) 10 (oh wait,) 15ā€¦ (no no no itā€™s coming to meā€¦) 50 years ago and said ā€œthere, weā€™ve just launchedā€¦ itā€™s complete. Have funā€ there would have been an outrageā€¦

If your lust for ā€œcompleteā€ had tainted serato as badly, weā€™d not be on serato 2.3.5 right nowā€¦ just ā€œserato 1.0 completeā€, Weā€™d not be on Traktor 3.2 or Virtual DJ 2020b5754 (not exactly catchy, I grant you)

That said, the way you keep mistreating other DJs on this forum, your time here might be ā€œcompleteā€ with you having no voice and no active presence here at all, much to the benefit of others.

2 Likes

When a customer pays me for a dj set, he never ask me something about error tollerance of my mix. If i canā€™t do my job, there are many others professional djs on the market.