Long boot time x1850

Hello,

I have an X1850 mixer that has a long startup time. When you turn on the mixer, all the lights of the Ethernet ports will flash quickly for about 4 minutes. the lights will then flash slowly and then the mixer will start up normally. I submitted the mixer for repair via Bax-shop in the Netherlands. According to the Bax-shop helpdesk, the mixer has been to 2 repairers and they were unable to solve the problem. I find that very strange.

My x1850 mixer was one of the first mixers to crack after updating to firmware 1.6. This was then also taken to the repairer to be repaired. (firmware 1.6 was fatal for the mixers with hardware 1.3)

Now firmware 1.7 Hardware 1.3 I reinstalled firmware 1.7, no solution I can’t find firmware 1.5 to try that either

Is there anyone in this world who has had the same thing happen to them? and has the solution?

thanks Jempi

Mine was fixed by InMusic in Ratingen.

Thanks, and what was the problem? And how they fixed it?

Slight tangent, but do you use the 96khz mode on your X1850 since it was serviced and it’s kosher, or do you just use 48khz mode?

48kHz. Above 44.1 is really kinda nonsense anyway.

@DJJV dat weet ik niet precies. I think network control interface. They’ve replaced several audio parts as well.

1 Like

The players are fixed at 96khz currently, though. If the players ran at 44.1khz or matched to the track rate, then I’d use that on the mixer with the SPDIFs since most my tracks and everything from Tidal I’m using seem to be that, though the beneficial rolling off of the Prime standalone players’ ultrasonic grunge using the sample rate conversion on the mixer might offset some of the adverse effects of the sample rate conversion. Does your post-servicing X1850 have a properly working 96khz mode that you could use if you wanted to, or does it still produce glitches and noise like others have reported?

If I find the time I’ll test 96kHz.

1 Like

Thanks. I have been slightly interested in the X1850, because it seems like maybe it is less damped in its audio processing compared to the X1800… sort of like the A9 vs the V10.

Thanks for your response, just an addition of information. The mixer continues to work fine after starting up. everything works. If I turn off the mixer and turn it on again 10 minutes later, for example, the x1850 starts up normally. So it only does that long startup if it has been off for a long time.

I had the same. It went up to “taking a shower” time. No audio problems; only long boot indeed.