Logging into Public Wifi issue

Hi Guys,

A little help required please :slight_smile:

I DJ at a club where they offer free wifi, however I am not able to connect to this because you have to accept the terms and conditions of the free wifi. I am not able to do this because you need a browser like on a mobile phone to accept these terms,which my Prime 4 doesn’t have.

I have got by so far by hot spotting using my mobile,however In my Friday room there is no mobile signal and I am unable to use my Tidal with my Prime 4 as I have no Internet.

How do I solve this issue please?

Thanks in advance, Tom

You simply can’t. Portal driven WiFi isn’t accessible.

Don’t know if an Android or some portable router can relay other wifi as a wifi hotspot, but an iPhone can’t. It can only create a wifi hotspot from a mobile signal.

On Android, turn off cellular leave WiFi enabled> connect to free open public WiFi> enable Hotspot on phone> have Denon connect to the phone’s Hotspot> reap benefits of a open throttled public WiFi network

Protip: make sure the phone is plugged into a power source at all times.

1 Like

Yes newer Android phones can do the trick with login to wifi with captive portal and then create a hotspot on top for the Prime unit.

Also I succesfully connected to captive portal network in the past on an Android phone and then was able to tether the network over USB to a Prime 4 (make sure to set USB tethering on). Just tested this and this also still seem to work. Benefit of this method is that Prime can also power charge the phone at the same time

I struggle as the place where I live has a login portal so can never do any WiFi stuff.

There’s no way around it until we can get a browser login in Engine (which lets be honest is most probably never going to happen).

Yeah the amount of security issues that poses, id agree its unlikely to happen.

1 Like