Linking TwoX1850 Together - Question

Hi

Does anyone know when linking two X1850s together via the mixer link socket. Do you have full use of PFL between both mixers and other features I.E.

If you have a SC6000 on mixer 1 (master) using both layers plus a turntable and the same on mixer 2 (sub), so using 6 out of 8 channels does the headphones on mixer 1 work for both mixers so you can select a channel on mixer 1 and mixer 2 for mixing. Also would the link work for all the BPM info work.

Or is it if you link two mixers it’s that the sub mixer is just added to the master output of mixer 1 so that mixer 1 only controls the overall master volume and nothing else.

Thanks

When I tried it with two x1800s, it was only the master outs which was blended out to the speakers.

I recall that if I used split cue on the linked-TO mixer, (the mixer which was connected to the amps and speakers) then the headphones on that mixer contained the merged output of both mixers.

There was no PFL of individual channels from the “linked From” mixer, except by moving the headphones over and plugging them into the mixer which you were cueing those individual channels on. So on left mixer, you could pfl channels 1,2,3 & 4 by listening to the headphones plugged into the left mixer and on the right mixer you could pfl to channels 5,6,7,8 (1234) of that mixer by listening to that mixers local set of headphones.

That seemed to make sense at the time for those occasions where you had DJ A working on the left mixer with his/her own headphones and pfl control, then DJ B working on the right mixer etc

It just wouldn’t make sense if you had DJ Octopus trying to do some dull or crazy 8 deck mix on one set of headphones

Hi Pasha

Thanks for the info that’s a great help, the reason I needed to know is I require 6 channels in total and as you say trying to mix 6 would be nuts. I never use any more than 3 for mixing but to have all what I use connected rather than keep changing inputs was going to be better. Looks like have to get the pioneer one when I can afford it and when they are back in stock again.

Thanks