Link port on the Akai MPC Force

If this works, I will buy the Akai Force, I need a good sampler for my denon setup

3 Likes

Me too I don’t understand why it’s take so much time to have this feature

I’d guess it’s realistic priorities. I don’t think it’s far off the mark to say that 9 owners of Primes in every 10 want better bpm detection, on-player cue/loop naming, on-player star rating, and probably one or two (hundred) other things, all added to their players and an enhanced Engine Prime, all without them spending a dime.

At the other end of mass popularity there’s the idea request suggesting that maybe 5 in every 1000 prime owners will buy another box, the same cost as their prime and wouldn’t mind if the prime and the force would synchronise.

It might only take a few weeks to write and test such a link but that’s a few weeks longer of people chucking their stroller toys out between hefty updates

The sync is a reasonable idea but there’s probably 100 other ideas that have got more votes, if anyone’s still putting their ideas in the ideas section and others are adding their likes to the right posts

3 Likes

It is so much a very specific joiner of two different things that I don’t know if it would ever be of a priority. So many of the other requests for thing to change to help many many user will probably to get attention more

1 Like

Hello @Nait,

Sorry release dates and timeframes are not something I am at liberty to discuss. As you can expect, that information is quite confidential.

The X1800 does not have wifi built-in however, the SC5000/M’s do. If this feature comes in the future, it will likely come to those products.

If this feature is important to you, please log and vote for it in the appropriate Feature Request area so our team has visibility of the feature and the importance of that feature to our users. Surprisingly, it hasn’t been requested already.

https://community.enginedj.com/c/feature-requests

1 Like

Let me add to this my MIDI request:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/midi-start-and-phase-signal/13734

An Ableton Link request:

Feature Request: Ableton Link Connectivity

An Akai and Ableton request:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/akai-force-abelton-link-to-prime-series/15541

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

4 Likes

While playhead position is not sent, you can still utilize the clock sync from the midi out on the X1800 prime. I do this to send Midi clock to my Digitakt (which is the sequencer in my midi chain).

Hi @JWiLL,

And if you link them with the link ports on the back of the devices?

So with a cable? Is that possible for syncing them together?

Thanks!

THis currently is not available via Link. It is only available via Midi.

1 Like

I am planning to purchase an Akai Force but I will only do that if I can sync it to the Prime series via the link port ethernet cable. Any news on this?

@JWiLL, do you think the integration between the Force and the Primes is still in development, or by the contrary, it will be in the “Will not be implemented” feature request?

1 Like

Is this still on the table? I have a full sc5000M + X1800 setup at home and use a prime 4 outdoors.

At the moment I use a TR6S with my prime 4 setup an do a manual sync with nudging. But I also have an akai force and it would be great if this would work with the prime 4 over wifi for syncing. I can then even add the TR6S via midi out on the akai force.

so just checking if this will be possible with the prime 4 someday in the future? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a feature request about enabling Ableton Link - might be worth finding it and adding a like to the thread. One more voice in favour is a good thing.

1 Like

https://community.enginedj.com/t/ableton-link/13592

I found these, most valid I think…

1 Like

I’ve added my vote to every feature request I found on the topic. :wink:

Perfect - its no guarantee that they will deploy it, but it certainly helps the cause.

1 Like

I hate necroposting but here’s my brain: 2X SC5000s plus an X1800 all linking together throug hthe X1800 hub. Add in an AKAI Force which links to the X1800 and gets tempo data from there. The Akai Force links to Ableton live (USB) and sends midi data that way? Niteshade

1 Like

An even simpler idea, just add Ableton Link to the players and sync all three that way.

Ableton Link works with the SC5000 and X1800 out of the box?

No, bit it is a very popular feature request. It’s up there with relocate missing tracks.

Granted. and I acknowldedge that. I am proposing a work around. Do you think: 2X SC5000s plus an X1800 all linking together through the X1800 hub. Add in an AKAI Force which links to the X1800 and gets tempo data from there. The Akai Force links to Ableton live (USB) and sends midi data that way? Would this work on connecting the whole mess together and get them playing nice nice?