Link port on the Akai MPC Force

That video shows Serato use, and then shows him manually dialing in the tempo in a different scene, and they crop out the corner with the LINK port.

Chloe, when will this unit LINK without Serato? It stands to reason that the X1800, SC5000 and Force all have the same LINK port on the back & all are marketed as standalone units - so using Serato to sync things is not really making any sense to me. I don’t purchase PRIME units to be Serato controllers, as Serato controllers are plentiful, cheap & useless to me. Additionally, all of the units possess wifi and should work with Ableton Link, which is another satisfactory solution for standalone syncing. The very idea of standalone = no laptop, no Serato…

3 Likes

Hey @Bobbyduracel I understand you recently sold your Prime Series set-up. Are you considering re-purchasing in the future?

Yes. I sold it earlier in 2018 bc grad school took my free time & I knew it needed to mature a bit with features for ideal compatibility with my setup. I am absolutely looking at it again. I emailed someone over there inquiring about the possibility of an arrangement of sorts but the email was kicked back :confused:

Why do you ask?

Just because you say “I don’t purchase PRIME units to be Serato controllers”, yet it seems you don’t purchase them :upside_down_face:

We have plans to integrate the two devices in a future release just so you are aware when you’re ready to purchase a product from the Prime Series.

1 Like

Got it. Well, when I did pay for them on release they definitely weren’t $5k to use them as controllers. That made little sense to me. I’m looking at getting the kit again, but partially bc now I can import my library (with cues) from traktor. I’ll still use them as standalone.

It just strikes me as odd for someone to spend that premium if they only intend to run controller mode, as much as it strikes me odd that to sync to my Akai Force id need to run the units NOT in standalone!

Just my two cents. :slight_smile:

The future plan to integrate sounds good. I have a habit of early adopt-test-assess-write it down-sell-compare to the next units, but I’ll be coming back around to the denons bc they are great units.

1 Like

I just plugged in my new SC5000s and the X1800 will arrive in 3 days. Let’s do that update STAT! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this still the case, I wonder?

I should also add “I hope”

When will this update come?

I will buy the x1800 if this update is a fact and we can link the Akai Force via link to sync.

Can you please let me know?

Thanks!

2 Likes

When will this update come?

I will buy the x1800 if this update is a fact and we can link the Akai Force via link to sync.

Thanks!

Can somebody please get back to me?

I want to buy the x1800 if this update is a fact and we can linksync the Akai Force via link to sync.

Thanks!

Think you might get a better answer from @JWiLL. Its a while since I’ve seen Chloe here.

Thanks!

@JWiLL : I want to buy the x1800 if this update is a fact and we can linksync the Akai Force via link to sync.

Thanks!

If this works, I will buy the Akai Force, I need a good sampler for my denon setup

3 Likes

Me too I don’t understand why it’s take so much time to have this feature

I’d guess it’s realistic priorities. I don’t think it’s far off the mark to say that 9 owners of Primes in every 10 want better bpm detection, on-player cue/loop naming, on-player star rating, and probably one or two (hundred) other things, all added to their players and an enhanced Engine Prime, all without them spending a dime.

At the other end of mass popularity there’s the idea request suggesting that maybe 5 in every 1000 prime owners will buy another box, the same cost as their prime and wouldn’t mind if the prime and the force would synchronise.

It might only take a few weeks to write and test such a link but that’s a few weeks longer of people chucking their stroller toys out between hefty updates

The sync is a reasonable idea but there’s probably 100 other ideas that have got more votes, if anyone’s still putting their ideas in the ideas section and others are adding their likes to the right posts

3 Likes

It is so much a very specific joiner of two different things that I don’t know if it would ever be of a priority. So many of the other requests for thing to change to help many many user will probably to get attention more

1 Like

Hello @Nait,

Sorry release dates and timeframes are not something I am at liberty to discuss. As you can expect, that information is quite confidential.

The X1800 does not have wifi built-in however, the SC5000/M’s do. If this feature comes in the future, it will likely come to those products.

If this feature is important to you, please log and vote for it in the appropriate Feature Request area so our team has visibility of the feature and the importance of that feature to our users. Surprisingly, it hasn’t been requested already.

https://community.enginedj.com/c/feature-requests

1 Like