Left Play/Pause AND Left Cue Points Unresponsive

INFO:

• Prime 4
  • Firmware 1.6.2
  • Serato Mode
  • Purchased less than 1 year ago

ISSUE: I started noticing this issue around 2 months ago. At first I didn’t catch it because it was so sporadic, however, it has gotten progressively worse.

After about an hour into mixing, my left deck starts acting up. While the right side play/pause and cue point buttons work perfectly, the left side starts acting up. Right side is playing a track, left side is paused and I load a track. I hit my 1st cue point on left deck (WHILE PAUSED) and it starts playing from cue point. It then takes 2 or 3 presses of play/pause button OR cue point just to get it to actually pause. Once left side starts acting like this, then for the rest of the event it only works about 50% of the time.

Has anyone else experienced this weird issue? Is this something that 1 year warranty will cover? I would like to take advantage of Denon replacing my Prime 4 while I still can.

I would try on standalone mode playing with sticks. If it is a hardware problem, it wil show up the same way. If you have no problems in standalone mode, then it may be a Serato issue

3 Likes

I will do that just to confirm if it is hardware. Thank you.

1 Like