LC6000 with Serato

Denon LC6000 with Rane SL3 running Serato 2.5.5

Each time I load a track the pitch is locked and it has a suggestion light on. The slider needs to be moved a certain amount in this direction to unlock the pitch. How can I switch this off?

Mac OS 10.15.7

The 5/6000m does this but only at initial connection with Serato, and if the tempo slider is not at 0%

Does this persist for you afterwards?

Hey thanks for the response. Yes, every track I load has this issue, although I leave the pitch slider wherever it was with the last track - I didn’t expect to need to return it to zero.

1 Like

It’s called soft takeover and it works more or less the same on every 4 deck controller (to make sure the pitch doesn’t wildly jump when you load a fresh track and the physical position of the pitch is not on 0.) Denon players have it even in standalone mode since they have layer A and layer B.

I just checked the 6000M the pitch fader suggestion light is not active in Serato mode.

Looks like there is soft takeover if one is using a single deck to control all the decks in Serato. I just tested and confirmed it. I’ve never used a single player/controller in this mode before. If playing on one deck I would use instant double

Are you using a Single LC6000 to control all decks?

Having the same issue.

Good day all,

So I’ve been had my LC6K for almost a month and I love it. But two issues that I’ve begun to see start happening three weeks in. Fader, I’ve noticed that I have to always zero the fader in order to adjust the pitch. The big issue, this week the deck itself started freezing, as in the LC6000 will go totally blank with just the platter lit and I will have to unplug the USB and to power it of and re-power the deck back up and plug it in.

My setup 2014 15MBP running Big Sur 16 gigs of ram Serato DJ Pro version 2.5.5 LC6K USB powered of SC5K

LC6000

Firmware Version: (N/A)

Random

Expected Result: (ex: It does X…)

Actual Result: (ex: It does Y…)

The Fader issue all the time, The platter deck freeze 3 times this week

Good day all,

So I’ve been had my LC6K for almost a month and I love it. But two issues that I’ve begun to see start happening three weeks in. Fader, I’ve noticed that I have to always zero the fader in order to adjust the pitch. The big issue, this week the deck itself started freezing, as in the LC6000 will go totally blank with just the platter lit and I will have to unplug the USB and to power it off and re-power the deck back up and plug it in.

Side note: In Serato the deck is fully is still playing but the LC6K will be inactive And I’m using the decks in vinyl mode

My setup 2014 15MBP running Big Sur 16 gigs of ram Serato DJ Pro version 2.5.5 LC6K USB powered of SC5K

@Djpriminista moved your topic here.

Maybe you need to try plugging it directly to the Macbook or a powered hub to outrule insufficient juice from the 5000 as the cause.

Thats the funny thing is that I had it running through an Anker powered usb 3.0 hub, when it initially did. Ran to the back of the SC5K after and It happened twice. Did a session last night it was ok, so I dunno

I suppose the Cable is ok?

so far it’s the factory cable

No harm in trying another one.

the 5000 does not disconnect right?

No, 5K remains fully functional, and so does Serato. the issue was only with the LC6K. Today I played a total of 7 hrs, two separate sessions 3 hours a piece no issues.

Yes. I’m using a single LC6000 to control all decks in Serato. Would be keen to switch off the soft takeover if possible.

I noticed the artwork often doesn’t update when loading new tracks either, but that’s another issue.

i think that is how it will work with the denon players and controllers that can access more than one deck.

They need to give an option to kill that feature

That would be a request for the Serato forums. You could try to overwrite the mapping yourself.

1 Like

When the LC6000 freezes again @Djpriminista, try and use the power adapter that’s in the box as well.

This topic will close soon, so if you still run into issues, please make a new separate topic (again). :+1:t2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.