LC6000 w/screen? What do you say?

I meant Pioneer protecting their own sales, as far as im aware the XDJ-700 is discontinued and stock is quite hard to come by, their next up in terms of price is the XDJ-1000 and one of the CDJs (750 perhaps) and neither of those are being produced?

Looking into the future, and much like photography, i can see budget lines of standalone items becoming extinct in favour of premium lines with higher profit margins. The days of being able to add another deck to your setup at a reasonable price are nearing the end.

2 Likes

So a $50 SBC and a $60 touchscreen. :-p just thinking back to the handful of VSTā€™s in a box I made a few years back where the plug-ins cost the customer more that parts did.

Still curious to see if Pioneer is gonna do an xdj700 mk2. The mk1ā€™s were super popular. I know a lot of their products are still on hold or were discontinued just due to the nature of manufacturing over the past 3 years.

1 Like

A XDJ1000MKIII is a long awaited product too

1 Like

Itā€™s called cdj3000 now :wink:

3 Likes

Hahaha this. the XDJ1000 is another fantastic product that is no more.

Same. Im not overly interested in much that is going on these days in the DJ gear world. Hopefully this supply chain problem is the main factor behind it.

Yeah me too, pioneer philosophy seems to be more like: offer something in every price range for every need (all overpriced for what it is respectively, but people see pioneer on stages and think its all good xD)

It also actually might be that the market for semi pro DJ players isnt really there anymore with controller and laptops and even all in ones coming as far as they did. We gotta remember all the concepts from pioneer are 10+ years old pretty much.

1 Like

Donā€™t forget tablets and cell phones. Any hardware company not building their next hardware with the ability to be connected to an iOS device without a camera adapter or android device without an otg adapter is working in the past.

Hm tbh wifi is the way to go for that. OTG adapters and adapters in general are not appealing to the casual crowd

Which is why I stated without otg and camera adapters. Wi-Fi on its own isnā€™t a proper solution since battery life is a thing. There are a handful of controllers that have come out now where you can just plug your iOS or android device in directly, though.

Thatā€™s the direct hardware developers need to be going, but are unfortunately ignoring.

Fully agree, an M powered iPad with DJ software and a single cable should be the future.

Edit: plus any other tablet or phone with sufficient power.

1 Like

Im running a 9th gen iPad. Algoriddim runs smoothly playing aiffs on 4 decks all being controlled via dvs and bouncing back and forth with stems, at the lowest available latency setting. DJ Software, when written well, is not all that power hungry.

3 Likes

My crummy 2015 MBP with dual core processor and 8gb of RAM runs 3 decks and FX on Serato with no issue so yeah I agree.

The dream is being able to run the big boys on an M1 ipad one day.

Iā€™ve just bought a cheapo Traktor soundcard from eBay so going to give VDJ a go soon, trial it to see if I can ditch Serato and finally upgrade my OS.

1 Like

Saw that post on the Serato forum. VDJ is pretty solid. They still have some dvs kinks to work out, but they will get em worked out. Since switching to algoriddim for dvs, I havenā€™t had the itch to go back to pulling the laptop out, tho. So my views on CDjā€™s dvs implementation are a good 6 months outdated.

1 Like

Atm I need 3 decks on the software but if I can snag a media player Iā€™ll drop the DVS down to 2 then thatā€™s defo an option, the Audio 6 card just gives me way more options than the SL3 ever will. Been following a guy on YouTube using Djay Pro with a radius 2 and itā€™s working a charm.

A budget Denon player like Riser posted above would be perfect, I love the LC donā€™t get me wrong however.

If they added a screen OR more importantly for ME, motorized wheels. Id snag a set if they could expand off the Prime 4. Thatā€™d be freaking sweet!

What isnā€™t even needed for audio.

I think youre both over estimating what hardware is needed. I mean my 2012 MacBook could handle 32 tracks with 64 sample buffer in a DAW easilyā€¦ What weā€™re doing here doesnā€™t need any serious hardware at all. My 2014 iPad could probably do it.

I think those products would be great for the casual crowd, I doubt most professionals want to use an iPad screenā€¦

An ipad pro is exactly the same size screen as the most popular size of laptop, and the size of laptop i use for DJ gigs (which i guess by default is considered ā€˜proā€™, seeing as i get paid for it)

The advantages would be a single USB-C cable between the device and the tablet that passes data and charges the tablet meaning less things to plug in. It could also be mounted on the device itself rather than bulky laptop stands.

So no, not just the ā€˜casual crowdā€™ at all.

1 Like

Yeah for $400 itā€™s pretty good dealā€¦ but I like how 6000 looks and feels also it would look much better if all the players look the same (my preference)

1 Like

Came here to say this. Iā€™ve been using Algoriddim with DVS and the LC6000ā€™s for my top40 gigs over the past few months. Itā€™s way easier to float my ipad around than the laptop. At what I charge for top40, would def be considered professional too, not casual. :-p

1 Like