LC6000 visibility between dimmed and not dimmed buttons

Yes it is, else no one would complain.

Come on, it is a $800 device. Even on a $100 we would expect it better.

The cue button (referenced above) is perfectly bright so I have no idea where that complaint comes from.

Whilst the ‘sync’ and ‘vinyl’ lights aren’t massively different between on and off, how often are you needing to adjust them? surely you just turn them on/off at the start of the set then leave them? does anybody flip between those functions continually through a set?

And im not sure you complaining about things is a benchmark for issues being genuine, given that over 90% of your 300+ comments on this forum are exactly that, complaints.

@STU-C has spoken. Now we have to shut up and close our mouths :laughing:

1 Like

Not at all, but you are familiar with the story of the boy who cried wolf right?

Apply that here and you might see the relevance.

Ok, the message is be happy with what we get from Denon because it could be even worse :slight_smile:

1 Like

The message is, vary your input to this forum and you might come across as more credible. Interact about music, dj mixes, setup etc, all the things that regular forum members get involved with.

You’re talking to someone who just had to send a prime 2 back to Denon to be repaired, twice in the space of 3 months. I’m a working DJ and that is my rig for gigs, I had to reboot it at 4 different gigs, cutting the music off. And I’ve had to resort to using a cheapo controller to get me buy whilst my £1200 kit was sat in a repair centre.

These are real issues and actual genuine things to complain about, not the illumination of buttons that are barely used during a DJ set.

Your hyperbolic language used when addressing tiny inconveniences (claiming the unit is unusable because a vinyl light isn’t bright enough for example), coupled with bumping your own threads and tagging Denon staff in constantly point to nothing more than whining. I haven’t bothered Denon this much with actual problems I’ve had.

I think the issue is with the contrast of brightness between ON and OFF for some buttons. For example, my sync button on and off look almost IDENTICAL! Picture for reference.

Sync button off

Sync button on

These photos were taken in complete darkness with the phone settings locked so the camera wouldn’t adjust between pictures. To the right you can see buttons on the prime 4 are not only way brighter, but when turned off, they completely turn off and put out a very faint light.

The problem here for me at least is the contrast between on and off, not the brightness, although that could be better as well.

3 Likes

Again though, how often are you actually setting that button? It’s not like people are flipping between manual mixing and sync every track. Same applies for the vinyl mode and master tempo, you set them and leave them.

You’re also complaining about not being able to see the cue button above, which to me is ridiculous as it’s perfectly visible in any light.

This thread is getting more and more ridiculous. Thanks to @STU-C :slight_smile:

People writing in this thread looking for help not for your advice which may be ok for you but not for others. We already know your opinion on this so don’t repeat yourself.

And no, it is not about the CUE button. Maybe Brian_Lawson missed it and if you look well in his last comment with images there is nothing mentioned on it.

There are at leased one of 2 options I would expect as a solution from Denon DJ.

• A) Firmware fix

• B) An instruction how we could exchange the buttons by ourselves without voiding the warranty (no matter if we have to pay or are getting the SC6000 style buttons for free)

Option B was already provided to me but without an instruction and I would have voided my warranty.

There is no other option.

1 Like

“Don’t repeat yourself”

Coming from someone who continually bumps threads and tags in Denon staff, essentially pestering them, that’s hilarious.

Good luck with your ‘only 2 options’ Aquadics :rofl::rofl:, your demands and expectations are funny, you’re just a forum troll, nobody is gonna take any notice of you.

Oh if we are complaining on hardware issues we are trolling. What kind of forum is it ?

And if we do not follow your advice we are funny ?

It is not the first time that you are offending me in this forum.

No, you’re making a huge issue out of something petty and insignificant, that’s the difference. There is no mechanical problem with the device, it works as expected and nothing you are complaining about here impacts the ability to DJ in any way shape or form.

It seems to me that you are just eternally unhappy with Denon and their products, so why don’t you sell up and buy products from the rival brand? What have you to gain by posting over 300 whiny comments on an internet forum? Largely based around nothing issues.

There is this concept called ‘concern trolling’ whereby a troll paints themselves as a concerned user of a brand. They pretend to love said brand whilst doing nothing but digging that brand out and making complaints about the brand, from a facade of ‘wanting the best for the brand’.

Feel free to tell me how your behaviour here is anything but that? Given that you have ZERO engagement in any gear setup threads, you don’t post mixes, you don’t engage in conversation about music, in fact as far as I can see, we can’t even be sure you have ever bought a Denon product.

Honestly I do not want to waste more time with you. I said my opinion and I have the right to do it. There is nothing to add. :slight_smile:

Tip for you:

Try to improvise if your gear have defects and do not send it multiple times to repare. This is what others would do which are liking the brand.

Gents, take a little breather. Preferably outside, in the cold, to get some fresh air.

That being said, it’s a forum, so agree to disagree to an extend. I don’t plan on censoring opinions. We’ll leave that to the other brand. :relieved:

I don’t want to lock this topic for a few days either.

2 Likes

Go on then, explain to me how I ‘improvise’ with a left hand side platter on a standalone unit that freezes during use? Give me some steps.

Glad you ask but I am not working for Denon support.

If a reboot was helping as you described it’s more likely that it is software related. I assume that you had to send it twice since for the first time there was no issue found.

If the issue is only happening in the same location it could be related to the power supply as well. I mean dirty signals or short drops which could have an impact on the device.

There are so many things to consider. It’s to observe carefully if it is a sporadic issue. Engineer will not have the same circumstances and it’s sometimes difficult to reproduce it.

Of course if this happens during a gig it’s bad but I would try to use it during practicing as well to get more insights which could be helpful during repair. Also did you consider to upgrade to another Denon controller and sell the broken one after it is fixed ? Maybe the shop you bought it is open for this and can make you some kind of offer.

Guess what I did when I was not happy with LC6000. I upgraded to SC6000 and did not regret it. This device is a dream and it is getting better and better with every software update. :slight_smile:

So the first time they cleaned a brass ring under the platter and lubricated another part, this info was only given after it was reported again. Note that it was my retailer who was in contact with Denon and not me.

I also suspected a software issue so when it occurred a 2nd time I wrote a lengthy description of exactly what the issue was, how it occurs and what is required to resolve.

It looks like they found a bad earth to the left platter and have replaced some parts, they have included a report with the device this time. I’m assuming this is what caused the device to think the platter was engaged when it wasn’t but time will tell if it’s fixed.

My own solution is to now use a sub mixer at gigs so I can play a track on my phone should I need to reboot, slightly annoying as it means one more thing to plug in and 5 balanced cables rather than 3… i also have a lightning to RCA cable ready to plug onto the tape mix input on the sub mixer.

As far as getting rid of the device, the XDJ-RX3 doesn’t appeal to me but could be an option, or going back to using a laptop which means more setup, more cables, a laptop stand, charger etc etc which is also unappealing. Although the option of 2 LC-6000s and a DJM-S7 is certainly an attractive one, perhaps one day if Serato/RB provide an iPad app and a mixer can connect to it with power delivery it’ll be worth moving over.

So your Prime 2 got finally fixed. Let us hope the best that the issue will not come back. Bad earth sounds like loose connection but that rebooting can be a temporary fix is new to me.

Did you ever try your LC6000 with Djay which is already providing an iPad app. My honest opinion is that I did not like the combination even with a standalone mixer I only bought for this. :slight_smile:

I do not see currently any other company for DJ gear which could give me more value for money. Even Pioneer gear looks to be more popular it seems like a downgrade to me. There is so much potential in what Denon DJ is doing. The only thing I could complain is QA ( there are issues no matter if you see it small or not ) and after sales service (repair) since it looks to take too long. After reading in the forum I decided not to send my gear to Denon for repair. For professionals and in this price range they should consider to offer some kind of refurnished swap devices or a replacement for the time it takes to repair it. I completely understand what it means for a DJ like you to be without the device you bought to use on your gigs. No one could expect to stop working for some weeks or to have spare gear standing around.

I’m guessing the ground lead issue was intermittent and it triggered the fault, which a reboot resolved temporarily. Interestingly it seemed to happen only when the track was left idle so my workflow after it happening was to ensure the left track was always playing until I mixed it, rather than dormant.

Ive got a thread going which ill update with any future developments as I know others have seen the same issue.

I agree about Pioneer, they have done so much for the DJ world but their new stuff just doesnt inspire. Although after messing around with a REV7 at the shop, I do like the look of them.

1 Like

I switch often, I can see if the button is active or not more clearly on my screen but after dropping 2000$ CAD id expect to at least be able to see input changes more clearly on the unit itself.

I often bounce between sync on for my house / pop music but when I get song requests at the club I work at I often turn off sync to beat match and transition into it, then jump out back into sync for my safe stuff.

And I was not complaining about the cue, cue is more than fine, I’m only complaining about the contrast between on and off for the key lock, master, sync, vinyl buttons.

A quick fix (if possible over software) would be to have the color change to another color so the contrast is more obvious or the button have 0 luminance when off instead of almost as much as when on.