Lc6000 platter noise

I recently got an SC6000 as well as a LC6000. The players themselves are awesome but whats weird is that while the sc6000 has an incredibly buttery smooth platter the lc6000 makes a slight gear-grinding sound like older CDJs, but only when you around the 12 o clock - 5 o clock positions. Is this the case for all units or do I have some sort of defect? I was expecting the lc6000 to have pretty much the same internals as the sc6000 minus the screen so its a bit odd that there seems to be a different feel to the one but not the other

I’ve got one and haven’t noticed anything particularly strange… just turn the music louder so you can’t hear it.

2 Likes

I’ve got one LC6000 that does it exactly as you describe except mine is around 9 o’clock to 12 o’clock. The other one is as smooth as my Prime 4 platters except with a brake option.

1 Like

Is there nothing we could do about it. I mean cleaning, adjusting, changing. Why we are not getting any advice or instruction ?

I mean it is market as a pro product but there are so many complaining on the platter which is the most important part of the whole device.

I decided not to send my defective SC6000 for now since it would take to long and the result could be unacceptable.

1 Like

Not like you to dive into a thread with negativity and bluster.

1 Like

Interesting that it would be at different positions on the platter from the one i’ve got. would be curious what the cause of that actually is.

Also the whole reason I’m asking about this is that it seems apparent there are certain build quality issues with certain denon products (x1850 mixers seem super messed up from an outside perspective) so when i recognize a weird behavior among my devices I’d like to know if its to be expected or not. Especially on products you spend $1700 on.

Can you post a short video of the noise so we can see what exactly it’s doing? I can then compare to my own LC.

Massively late to this one… I’m also having this…

What did people with the issue end up doing? Did you just keep? I’ve reached out to DJkit.com as my Sc6000 looks like it’s taken a knock side panel is not flush at the front. So far 2 days waiting for a response… I really don’t want to send back for replacement. As I’m loving them.

Are these problems common?

Not sure if mine does that but I have the tension quite high and only doing fairly short movements with the platter to adjust.

On mine it’s like it on loose. It’s noticeably when cueing/scrolling through a track also. I assumed it was a feature haptic feedback or something similar. I’m definitely not sending back. I’m interested to know what other people did though.

Ive just checked mine and it doesnt make that noise when spinning like that, thats on the loosest tension I tried though, are you doing that with the tension applied? I reckon the noise might be the tensioner maybe?

That’s on the lightest jog setting doesn’t matter what it’s on. If you look closely you can see play in the jog. I’m assuming op just lived it? It would be good find out what final outcome was. Did it loosen up? I see someone else posting something similar.

That defo doesn’t sound right, I guess its just a case of how much its going to bother you, as long as its adjusting and cueing correctly you could just put up with it if you dont want to return. It’s not often you’d need to be spinning it back like that is it, so maybe not an issue 99% of the time.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. It’s pretty much a free product anyway. The plastic trim on my sc6000 not being flush bothers me more. I’m assuming that’s just a machining issue where the production line have done the screw up to tight. Is a little frustrating as everyone I see online looks flush.

What do you think? Reckon I should go through RMA with dj kit or just forget about it. Kind of jumping in ops thread here…

I have 2. With one I have the same thing with the cover

1 Like