LC6000 Backlighting Issues

HI,

I’m trying to determine why one of my lc6000’s has an issue where the button backlights only come on after tapping each button. IE: the starting state when I turn the unit on = no backlights on any of the buttons/rotary dials. Once I tap Play/Pause the Play/Pause and Cue lights come on. Once I tap Shift, the Shift light comes on, etc, etc. I have a video showing this behavior but I’m unsure how to attach it to this thread.

Setup: Virtual DJ 2023 v2023-m b7746 16" 2021 Macbook Pro M1 Pro running Ventura 13.4.1

What happens if you turn it on, disconnect the USB cable then reconnect?

Same behavior unfortunately :confused: I’ve tried rebooting my computer, swapping cables, etc. I’m also experiencing issues with this unit related to the platter so I’m likely going to try and work with the retailer I purchased it from for a replacement. I bought 2 at the same time and my other LC6000 has been flawless so I know what a good one is supposed to work like :slight_smile:

If you’re running the LC off of usb power only , then try running the LC from the power supply that came with it.

Yea , even if only one LC seems to be power starved

1 Like

My Prime 2 does it from time to time, but never seen the LC do it.

I think there is a firmware update for these LC6000s. It maybe worth giving that a shot as one could have been on the shelf longer than the other and have different firmwares. I think it’s V1.0.5 for the latest Software downloads, manuals and documentation - Denon DJ

We had this same lighting issue with an SC Live 4. It’s never been resolved.

Sounds more like a DJ software issue (mapping or HID).

I remember having the same issue with Traktor if I connected controller/s after Traktor was already up. Going into midi settings and reselecting the mapping would then send “LED on” messages to the controller for all buttons.

I am not familiar with VDJ and LC6000 integration but it’s probably similar.

sometimes ( more or less 2/3 times each 10s switching ON) also on my SC Live 4, fully updated of course. very strange issue.