LC6000 and Traktor Jog display, once again

Hey, i want the album artwork appearing on the middle of my control vinyl when using DVS, and i want it right now, Denon are failing. \s

I saw a video of a guy on YouTube with artwork using serato with the LC

Does it not show up in yours?

We had this discussion recently on here and we think that was some pre-prod version or it wasn’t actually Serato being used at all, possibly VDJ.

In live, the LC just displays the Serato logo and has playhead position, no loop numbers are displayed either i don’t think. i will fire it up tonight and double check that as it may well just be me not noticing it previously.

Edit: apologies i think artwork is displayed, but only if you have it ticked as part of your Serato library view, which then makes each row in the library too large for most people (i prefer to see more tracks on screen than pictures). Again ill do some testing tonight and see what is what.

Couple this with the known Mac issue around artwork not transferring to the file itself from Music, its a very hit and miss application.

I have read about some misbehavior in Serato that is linked to what wave view is selected.

You may want to try all the options as well

1. Vertical
  2. Horizontal
  3. Stacked
  4. Library

To see if it makes any difference.

Yeah ill take a look tonight and report back what happens.

1 Like

It’s also fun to remember that some pioneer units give fully accurate resolution on tracking platter movements when it’s rekordbox the cdj decks are talking to, but only half resolution compared to what the same decks give out to other DJ softwares

1 Like

But but but, Pioneer are in it for the pure love of DJing and the DJ community……aren’t they?

2 Likes

Done a bit of testing tonight, album art loads providing the library view is set to display art (which on my screen reduces the qty of tracks shown dramatically), once you switch back it stops sending it. Another thing to note, changing decks in use messes with it even in artwork view.

1 Like

Thos was fixed along with the freezing issue on the 3.0.3 update. My artwork displays regardless of view now.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s where I’m going wrong then, stuck on 2.5.5.

I don’t use it anyway however so not a biggie, as long as the deck works.