Layer B SC6000M stops playing music unexpected

Hi,

I have a setup with 2x SC6000M and a X1850 mixer, I have this set now for just one month and I have had 2 gigs and both times layer B of one SC6000M player stops just in a moment. It is the player with the harddrive in it and on this player the dmx interface is connected for Soundswitch. During the evening it is not possible to restart the player so i continue with just one layer on this deck. Can somebody give me an advice or is it just send back to the reseller? Is it also possible that the deck ‘crashes’ because it is to much he must handle? It is typically that it happens after a few hours and it is not happening when I am just playing at home for practice.

I hope somebody can give me a answer.

Regards Joost

I have similar issue occasionally, layer B stops outputting signal to the X1850. It’s sort of random, but indeed happens couple hours into the mix.

Are you both on firmware 3.2 using them in standalone? I had the same problem consistently occur on all 4 of my layers, so I reverted to firmware 2.2 and it resolved the problem.

I have updated both players too 3.3. For now I don’t have any issues. If the problem is solved I don’t know. From Denon I have some things to look for when it is happening again.

This is what they ask for. For now I hope it will be solved by the update to 3.3, I will see

** Does this issue only occur when playing tracks on Layer B?* ** Does the track completely stop, or does this stutter and begin playing again without touching the unit?* ** Does the Platter LED change at all at the same time the issue occurs?* ** Has the unit been updated to the latest available firmware version (v3.3.0)?* ** If yes, has a re-flash been performed?* ** When did the issue first present itself; was this after a specific action such as an update?*

It may be useful to test the device with a MIDI Monitor to see if any unwanted messages are being sent by the controller when playing. To do this, please close down any and all open applications on your computer. Next, we will need to install and run a free to use MIDI Monitor.

For Windows you can use Pocket MIDI directly from the Microsoft Store or this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/pocket-midi/9ntv7mflbbvx?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

And for macOS you can use the free to use: www.snoize.com

Once either application is installed you will need to open said app and select an input source (see attachment).

If a source does not show, then please check your USB connection and Device Manager/ System Report and ensure it is recognised. Once a source is selected the customer will just need to use some of the parameters and functions on the unit and you will soon see the MIDI Input window populate with MIDI values like so (see attachment).

Once you have performed the test above if you could come back to us with your findings we’ll be happy to assist further. In this case, I’d advise playing the device as usual and making note if any messages appear when this issue occurs – without having touched the unit.