Just bought a new Prime4 and skiped a few updates is this ok?

Added a hard drive and started with Engine DJ v2.4.0. Do I need to have all the previous updates on the Prime4 to be totally up to date?

You can always just update to the most recent one, no matter what your current version is :blush:

1 Like

When you upgrade from 2 to 3 it’s a whole new music database, so get Engine DJ 3.0 for your computer and let the computer migrate the 2.0 music database on your drives to 3.0

It’ll take a while but only needs to be done once

Sorry took so long to get back. It’s a long story lol. Thanks for the simple answer Kris, it made total sense. Simple and direct just the way my brain works. lol On the other hand, this answer I received from someone called Pasha just went right over my head as it had NO details referring to what “2 to 3” and “migrate the 2.0 music database on your drives to 3.0” actually meant. So, thanks for keeping it simple and to the point mate, you did me a solid. The short story is, my son is in a mental institute and his only passion is his Prime4 and love of music. I have no idea what I am doing, but learning as I go to help him indulge in his passion. I am a detail-oriented person and details explain a lot, but some people assume everyone on this site has the experience to understand abbreviations when exchanging information. ps I was in several bands in my youth and ended up DJing in my later years. Then I ran a recording studio and trained people in studio etiquette among other things. I also was an assessor for the SVQ in Scotland so details are important most of the time in understanding what information people try to convey particularly when related to technical details. Great job Kris. Thanks again. Kind regards Mr. James McFarlane. pps. I use an SD card to give him the updates.