JSON Error on SC6000 after 2.1 update

Hi @attack7777 - Sorry for the trouble. This has been reported to the team for further investigation. Do you see this dialog if you start the unit without any USB or SD media connected?

@JWiLL - I’m getting the same exact JSON opening error on both my SC6000M’s…

I upgraded from Engine DJ 2.0.2 to 2.1.0 and both players started displaying this issue when trying to load tracks from the SSD that’s on one of the players. Pressing OK gets rid of the message but like attack7777 mentioned, it appears again when you reboot the players.

Loading from an external USB Hard Drive doesn’t produce this error for me, but as soon as I switch the drive source to the SSD in the other player, same JSON error comes back.

Any ideas how to resolve?

It only appears after selecting a source drive. I have an SSD in one my 2 units. If I choose the SSD on the one it resides in, I get the error, and if I choose that source on the other unit (they’re connected via ethernet through an X1850), I see the same error on the second unit.

Seems like it’s something specific to my library or one of the tracks in it.

Ok, confirmed for me too. Did it on one 6000m but not the other.

IMG_1011

I have exactly the same issue after updating to 2.1.0. Also my deck both SC5000M’s now Freeze when sitting for 5 minutes while not in use. ■■■… I’m going back to 1.6.1 where there are no issues at all except for the lighting in the front where the USB and SD card slots are. I’m a professional DJ and it’s the Holidays and I can’t ruin my name nor my reputation if this freezes during my live DJ shows. This is unacceptable Denon…

Please members, do a small search or check below:

The JSON error is a cosmetic issue.

Deleting the file does not work as it just reappears again when the SC6000 reboots.

Cosmetic or not, it shouldn’t happen.

same here - deleted the .json file and after reboot the same player it doesnt appear anymore but with my 2nd player linked accessing the 1st player with built in SSD the .json file re-appears and gives this warning each time the players are getting access to the SSD. This is maybe cosmetic but very annoying

1 Like

Same error here.

Thanks all. I’ll look into this a bit further.

1 Like

Instead of deleting the file I tried different .json typical entries but the players wont accept them either. Tried {} , { "" } , { “null” } and others but the player always states it needs ‘tags’ for the file. Just going for "" doesn’t help either.

Correct. The file is for testing purpose, so it should not be there or filled with the right parameters.

Wow! And it slipped through the release process?! As an interim solution, what data could be fed into the file? Cheers!

@Reese - I put the SC6000M into Computer Mode, plugged it into my Mac and deleted the JSON on the SSD and rebooted… The Error went away on that 1st SC6000M player but my 2nd player returned the same JSON error when I tried to load the 1st players SSD (should mention that the 2nd player doesn’t have any usb drives/ssd plugged in… just accessing the SSD in the 1st player). When I plugged it back into the mac to inspect, the JSON had returned. Seems the OS recreates the JSON automatically when a drive is loaded.

Any recommendations?

Hi Everyone,

The team is aware of this issue and are working on a fix as we speak. Luckily, the error dialog while annoying is purely cosmetic and has no impact on performance. I’ll loop back on this thread once a new version is available.

7 Likes

Any interim solution we could apply until the next update? Thanks a lot

@JWiLL, thanks for the update… Hope the dev team pushes out a quick 2.1.1 fix before the holiday break.

*** UPDATED TO 2.1.1 – CONFIRMED WORKING! Thanks Dev Team!! ***

2 Likes

Happening to my sc6000s as well…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Everyone,

We just released Engine DJ v2.1.1 to patch this issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Download

7 Likes