Issues with usb out on sc5000

Hi all I lent someone one of my sc5000s and he was rather rough in pulling the usb cable out of the usb out socket (I have 2 player linked in hid mode for serato dj… The long and short of it is a small piece of blue plastic that sits between 4 pins in the socket has come out… when I put it back in it doesn’t sit well and serato won’t pick up the player. Can I glue this piece back in ? Do I need to get a new usb out socket fitted? It seems the blue piece of plastic sits in the middle of the 4 pins and pushes them onto 4 strips of metal sitting inside the usb cable USB b end Thanks for any advice

1 Like

do you have a picture?

I would replace the socket, USB transfers data and +5V 0.9A power, bad conectors/cables can damage chipsets on your unit or computer.

1 Like

:point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3: THIS :point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3::point_up_2:t3:

It requires disassembly of the unit, and desoldering of the port, re-soldering of a new one. If you don’t have the expertise, best find an authorized repair shop or reputable electronics repair.

For most folks with a decent amount of soldering skills, replacing a USB port is trivial. For those with little experience, you can make matters worse by damaging pads on the electronic board.

Oh, and welcome to the community :smiley:

2 Likes

Check the serial# on the unit that was lent and check if it matches the one on the box it came with. Just in case.

2 Likes

I see someone else has experience with lending gear to “friends” :wink:

2 Likes

Or maybe someone was lending to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

1 Like