Issue with Firmware Upgrade 2.0.2

Thanks @DJ_Rainmann - Try shutting down the device, then connect it to your computer in computer mode so that the migration can be performed by a desktop computer (this will be much faster).

Hope this helps!

@Anthony_DDJ - I cannot get pass the screen that says checking device (Pic 2). I have powered off and turned that back on, goes back to the second pic. Everything I do on the unit ends me back to screen 1. WHen I try to change sources I get the screen 2…

I have a gig this weekend and I am starting to freak out cuz I don’t know what else to do

How about you removing the SSD, connect with SATA to usb to computer directly.

@mufasa I did that and it shows me the DB is corrupt… so I have started the extemly long process to re-analyze my 1.5tb worth of music

already ran into issues with that… I am doing 1-2 folders at a time (approx 30gb per folder) and then waiting for that to finish then moving on. Is there a faster way to do this? I have the unit connected to the computer using Engine to process the analyzation.

Hello dear DJ colleagues, I am struggling with the same problem as DJ Rainmann. I have 100,000 tracks on my Prime4 (2 TB SSD hard drive in the Prime4) and it has been loading the update from 1.6.2 to 2.0.2 for a week now. What else can I do, I have a stream on Saturday :frowning:. Who can help me?

Did you try using a computer to do the library database conversion

@DJ_Rainmann sorry to hear that. Database corruption still appears to be a thing.

No, I can’t get out of update mode either because the Prime4 won’t let me out.

force a power down

It’s likely the database is already corrupted.

1 Like

Power failure does not work either. If I plug the Prime4 back in after 5 minutes, it shows me that the update 2.0.2 is on the Prime 4, but it continues “Checking Device” and you can’t get out again and you can’t switch it on connect the PC

Try to switch it on without any drives attached. Take out the ssd and switch it on. See if it helps.

2 Likes

Remove the drive from the P4 completely.

1 Like

I removed the drive and ran direct to the computer. That’s how I noticed the DB was bad.

@mufasa when you say remove the drive from the unit completely… then what? Hook it up to the computer and do what? How can I fix the DB corruption? What are other options available to us to fix this?

If I cannot fix the DB cooruption easily, is there a faster way to get these analyzed without having to babysit the process or worry about another corrupt DB?

Can someone please give @DJanePurePower and I guidence here.

1 Like

@NoiseRiser I did that. It works as far as booting to the normal screens. But after removing then what needs to be done?

1 Like

@Anthony_DDJ over to you

Normally you should not get a corrupt database by analyzing, perhaps you have faulty files in your drive.

75k library here and I have no issue analyzing the entire thing in one swoop. I leave it overnight and I have fully analyzed library by morning. This is both on Mac and Windows.

1 Like

If the device boots up normally, that means, that there is a file on it that causes a problem during start up. Could be a corrupted dat base. Folow @mufasa guidance on how this can be fixed.

1 Like

@DJ_Rainmann do you have a master collection else where? eg in your computer internal drive?

1 Like

@mufasa I do have a master backup of all music on another external.

When you say faulty files… please explain more? What is classified as faulty file?

I left mine to analyze last night and when I came woke up in the AM, it was DB corrupted.

1 Like

Thats fantastic.

I have not come across a list of what engine dj considers faulty files

But see this article by serato

There must be a file or files causing Engine DJ to corrupt

1 Like

Thanks for your help, I’ll do that.

Hey @DJ_Rainmann Let’s connect you with technical support. They may need to take a closer look. Can you DM me your email and phone number so we can get you sorted?