Isolator EQ for Numark Mixstream Pro Go

Hi guys, I am usually a Pioneer user and got me the new Numark Mixstream Pro Go, which I really like, also the Engine DJ software. Good work guys. What I do miss is an Isolator EQ instead of the normal EQ. Is it possible to change this within the software? I used the Isolator basically in all of my mixes, which is very essential for me as I can cut complete frequences. This feature would be very helpful to have at the Numark Mixstream Pro Go.

Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome to the Engine ecosystem :blush:

I’m almost certain that you can’t choose between EQ/ISO mode on the Numark models at this point, but I think there is a feature request you can vote on - will see if I can find it, and post it here :blush:

Try going into the Menu on the device then select Settings then Mixer.

If it has the ISO mode it should hopefully be there, this is where it is located on the Prime GO.

Yeah I think this has been asked/requested several times before and it’s not an available function on those devices.

Man that’s surprising, i thought that was a staple :thinking:

My guess is market segmentation, buy the more expensive devices to get the features etc.

2 Likes

Hmmm, i would agree, but the Mixtrack is being marketed as ‘AIO’ and i would consider the ISO eq kill a pretty big ‘basic’ feature to be missing.

I’m sure it would be an easy fix for the Devs.

1 Like

I don’t know enough about mixer internals to comment on specifics, but for example if I wanted the curve changing on my Mastersounds it would have to go back to them to have the internal circuitry adjusted… I wonder if this might be the case for the Numark, depends if the mixer section is software driven (so could be changed) or if this EQ curve is set in the hardware itself.

That’s interesting, so there is no dip switch or anything to toggle, did you have to specify your curve preference prior to ordering, or is it set Stu?

It’s probably not that difficult in the firmware on these processors to implement an isolator tone control option, assuming it can handle three split duplicates of each channel, filtering done to each duplicate, and then an extra sum bus on that channel to merge the three back to one. Instead of it being a two channel mixer, it’d be temporarily six channels. Standard parametric EQs (in this case usually with fixed parameters) tend to be at least slightly less processing intensive since it’s just one signal for each channel that’s variously subjected to some filter boosts & cuts with no duplication or summation going on. This is not to get into the feature bracketing choices InMusic may have in mind, though.

2 Likes

Haha, it gets set how Mr Rigby-Jones wants it to be and we as buyers trust his legendary skills…. In fairness the summing on the faders is nothing short of amazing, and the HPF set perfectly as an accompaniment to it. You can blend pretty much anything to perfection with just the fader knobs.

My only question is whether the EQs are actually driven by firmware in the first place. If the mixer has been set up with fixed value frequencies then could firmware even change that?

I don’t know enough/anything about the physical specifics involved with having adjustable EQ settings as opposed to non adjustable, does it require more expensive hardware to allow adjustment or is it purely a software thing?

There’s nearly zero chance it’s an analog EQ and nearly as low a chance that it’s some hard-coded circuits meant to do just digital tone controls separate from the firmware, which means if the processing throughput for something more complicated is available, then it’s just a firmware issue.

1 Like

I guess it boils down to plain old market segmentation then.

1 Like

@REX_STAX a query - does the Pro Go have the adjustable parameters for EQ? (So that you can set the crossover points for the EQ) The Denon Go does have this. If the Pro Go has it then I would assume that the EQ is firmware driven and so can be made (later) to isolate. If it does not show then maybe it is not possible (or that setting is not (yet) enabled!

1 Like

You only have adjustable crossover points on Prime if you have an isolator mode option on their tone controls, as it’s a summed crossover network with trim-gain controls for each band. The traditional EQ mode has been basically fixed-parametric style.

Yes, that’s true, I couldn’t find any option on the Numark yet, and I thought an Isolator is already standard :confused:

sorry, but do you know where to find the feature request to vote on? I can’t find it.

1 Like

nope, there are no adjustable parameters for EQ :confused:

1 Like

Have we solved this problem yet? It’s quite frustrating not being able to kill the gains, when you’re mixing it’s heard in the background and the sound fluctuates, I’m having a terrible time I really can’t mix comfortably

The option is there. There was a customised version of the OS doing the rounds a while back where the option for full kill EQs was unlocked, as well as a bunch of other features.

I’ll stick with the official firmware but other users swear by the custom hack. InMusic need to get moving on this.

It’s such a super basic feature that doesn’t need to be held back for the top flight bits of kit. If they want to hold back stems for the upper models, that’s fine. It’s a big feature that you’d expect to pay more for, but full kill EQs are a must at any price point…

1 Like