IS IT A BUG? 2.01 and 2.02 Dropbox mixed in SD card

In the Prime4 both in version 2.01 and 2.02 there is a situation that perhaps is a bug. In the SD, in a playlist, there is a song that is loaded from dropbox, while the other songs are loaded from the SD. I don’t understand why. I attach the video so you can see it with me. 9 Novembre 2021 - YouTube I await your opinion.

Hey @carlozara - Welcome to the community. Do you have Dropbox enabled in your settings? Perhaps it’s just a connection error. Definitely check your WiFi as well.

I have active dropbox, the wifi works correctly, but I do not understand why in a playlist present in the SD I have to load a song from dropbox instead of from the SD itself! if I want to use dropbox I deactivate the SD and choose to draw from Dropbox, if instead I choose the SD why should I take songs from Dropbox? I hope I have explained.

I rephrase the question, with a simple question: is it normal that a playlist on the SD card contains songs that are loaded from Dropbox? because that’s what happens, just see the video I attached in the first post

Hey @carlozara - It is normal if the track, when added to the playlist, was sourced from Dropbox. A playlist can include a mix of streaming, cloud, or SD/USB tracks.

If you prefer it to pull from the SD card instead of Dropbox, simply re-drag the track from the SD card and delete the other file from the playlist that is pulling from Dropbox. That should work. If not, let me know!

I have a similar problem. Today I synced a fresh SD card and waited hours before it synced all my 32 GB to it. But when I inserted that SD card in the Prime Go ALL tracks had a Dropbox icon and couldn’t be played without connection. Anyone please help. I’m on FW 2.2.1. and never had this problem before. All my source tracks are located in a Dropbox folder, sure, but when I sync them, obviously it shouldn’t still need Dropbox to play them, right?

Ok this is a REAL annoying bug. When I completely kill Dropbox and reimport all tracks (and recreate all playlists), it seems to work fine. When Dropbox is active and the location of the music is a dropbox folder, somehow Engine DJ thinks: “oh this is dropbox: all files need to be streamed”. No they don’t. They are synced and are physically on the USB; why, WHY does it think it needs to Stream? Please fix this!

1 Like

Dear all, are developers confusing streaming services with clouding ones? Dropbox is a clouding service and I expect files to be synced when the device is online but always available offline. This is a big problem when playing where there is no data connection, and then having to wait for the file to download every time you change songs is insane! Maybe you want to save money on licensing dropbox cloud services? This feature makes the difference! Come on guys!

its a big bug. has anyone a solution for it?

best regards enzo

Despite various updates, this flaw has never been resolved. The Dropbox service SYNCHRONIZES files on local storage media but DOES NOT USE THEM, it always downloads them from the network, if you are offline you don’t play!

1 Like

And this solution does not work?

Sorry but the procedure is not clear to me. Is it done from PC or Prime? But then the track pulled from SD, will it continue to sync with Dropbox?