inMusic buys Moog

4 Likes

That’s SICK!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Now we need @NoiseRiser to mock up a mini MOOG with an SC6000 attached :wink:

1 Like

Ain’t it a beautiful thing too! I guess getting the Mini-D for MPC might have started some discussions? That’s a major win for Inmusic!

Hehe in a free moment maybe… I am still catching up behind my schedule :confused::face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

i await with baited breath :laughing:

Well must mean it’s not far away but who knows

Looks like Moog got the Rane treatment

2 Likes

Read that, if it’s the same article I did read there is the usual brand of misinformation, trolling and speculation in the comments.

No official word from any company about it either, just social media posts from employees. Would be nice to hear the actual story.

Per the article, the statement from Moog, (emphasis mine):

We want to thank everyone who has reached out over the last several days to check in on us. As you probably know, it’s been a very hectic time at Moog. We’re making certain changes to ensure our long-term financial health and continued innovation and would like to share important and accurate information with you.

First, our headquarters will remain in Asheville where we will continue to design, innovate, and manufacture instruments of the highest standard, such as Moog One, Minimoog Model D, legacy modular, and our newest innovative products, the first of which you will see early next year. We are also asking some of our overseas partners who we’ve worked with for years to help finish assembly on some products. This hybrid approach will allow us to get on strong financial footing and continue designing, building, and delivering quality musical instruments for years to come.

Last week we made the difficult decision to adjust the size of our assembly team to better match our new approach. While this transition was challenging for everyone, substantial support, benefits, and healthcare was provided to those affected, easing their journey to new opportunities.

We are looking forward to getting past this painful phase with renewed energy and enthusiasm. We believe the brightest days for Moog Music lie ahead and are excited about our vision for the future.

Thank you for your continued trust and belief in Moog Music.

1 Like

Ah thats fair enough, im sure they have their reasons for the move. What sort of financial state were Moog in prior to the purchase?

Not great from what I’ve read, but it was all anecdotal, so who knows?

1 Like

It’s inevitable that there would be negative changes if a company was struggling isn’t it, I can’t see someone doing a takeover then continuing to kick the can down the road as that’s just financially bad practise.

True, but when you fire “more than half of existing positions” it is quite clear what are your reasons for the takeover :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Corporate press releases always make me laugh and rage…while this transition was challenging for everyone…lolz

If a struggling company is taken over by a better managed company, they will check what were the wrong decisions, and will adjust to keep the business alive and profitable. If one of the problems was too much staff, then it needs to be adjusted, to sustain that business. Some processes had to be streamlined and improved probably. It could be that overstaffed company was struggling just because wrong management, that led to over-employment of certain positions, and this was not efficient and not profitable. Adjustments had to be made to keep the ball rolling.

Firing more than half of existing manufacturing positions is not “adjustments”.

Maybe they should have just not bought them and let it go under then? then that half would become all and nobody would have a job?

1 Like

If certain positions were heavily overstaffed then that was just bad managing from moog. We don’t know what they did, and what positions they had, but seems like it was not managed correctly in terms of efficiency and profitability. When You hire people on positions, that are not efficient, instead of adjusting the process, and then sell the company to someone who sees the problem in the process, and more staff is just not needed to make it profitable - they will have to go.

Sure, firing more than half of manufacturing positions and moving production abroad has probably nothing to do with this: Moog employees are unionising for better pay and job security: “The company pays far less than a living wage”

1 Like

You see - bad management. This was a year before inMusic bought moog. The problems were already there.

4 Likes