Identify USB input on decks

Implement a way to identify the sources of files coming from the USB inputs on the decks. There is no way to know the USB source of a file that is loaded on the decks, so we cannot safely eject a pendrive as we cannot be sure that a song being played is not coming from the device we want to remove. . I noticed that this identification exists if the music comes from a laptop via wi-fi, tidal, dropbox, etc., but there is no such identification in the case of USB inputs.

I send along photos of examples of what I’m referring to.

In the first photo, the music comes from USB inputs 1 and 2, there is no identification of the source. In the second photo the sources are a laptop connected via wi-fi and Tidal, on both decks an identification of the sources appears

This is taken from the manual:

“ Press Eject, or open the Source menu. A list of connected devices will appear in the main display. 3. Tap the eject icon for the device you would like to eject. If a track on the device is currently playing, you will be asked if you want to continue ejecting, which will stop the track and clear the deck. Tap Cancel to cancel ejecting the device, or tap Eject Anyway to eject it.”

You get a warning if any tracks on the USB you’re trying to eject are currently loaded.

3 Likes