Ideal Xover settings for EQ for techno?

Hey lovely people!

Could anyone please suggest me good settings for ISO EQ High and Low Xover? Currently the defaults are set to 2200 Hz and 220 Hz respectively.

I noticed a little leak (if that’s the correct term) while mixing especially in the mid EQ moving it from 7 o clock to 5 o clock.

Also, while moving the knob from 7 to 9, there is no difference in the sound whatsoever (tried with both headphones and monitors), the change only starts after 9 o clock. Is this something related to the EQ settings as mentioned above?

I mostly play progressive and melodic techno, so would really appreciate and feedbacks about the same.

Regards, AG

1 Like

The EQs are not linear that is fact. I like it in the way, how they behave though… I also play mainly techno and lowered the lower cross over frequency to 140Hz. This way I can nicely blend out the bass without too much distortion on the lower mids for long transitions. For other music, that 140hz is likely too low. Cheers

1 Like

Thanks mate! That’s what I was looking for. So for me, I tried it, and 160 for low EQ and goes all the way up to 3500 for High EQ.

Anyways, I checked with serato, the EQs in serato are very clean. If there is anyway I could copy that exact same setting?