ID3 Tags limits

Hi All,

Fairly new to the Denon DJ way of living (converting from Traktor) and have used VDJ and Serato a bit. I’m at my 4th iteration of converting my 35K song library to the internal HDD on the P4.

What I’m noticing early on is

• My extra tags from Traktor 3 (ie: Comment 2) does not show in EP 1.3.3
  • Compared to the others, the ID3 tags available for viewing is limited in EP (I tried adding more, but the list is less extensive to choose from from the competition)
  • Without these extra user editable tags, it makes it that much harder to prepare dynamic playlists

In future releases would it be possible to:

• Add more ID3 tags to the grid in EP (some of us use this to hash tag our songs for dynamic playlists based on the song playing ie: in the Comment 2 tag)

Unless there’s another tag that would write back to the file itself to be viewable by other software…

1 Like

Hi, I have a similar problem. When you export songs from iTunes, the comments do not appear. If I export the song from the folder directly, if the comment previously written in Traktor appears. Lack of communication with iTunes?

Hola, tengo un problema similar. Al exportar las canciones de itunes no aparece los comentarios. Si exporto la canción de la carpeta directamente, si aparece el comentario anteriormente escrito en Traktor. ¿Falta de comunicacion con itunes?