I would like

to understand why engine refuses me mp3s, while rekordbox accepts them. there is something i don’t understand.

thank you for helping me to understand

It’s because mp3 isn’t just mp3

There are dozens of different mp3 formats within the “mp3” heading.

Also international characters in filenames, folder names or tags aren’t liked by engine , nor are files with damaged file elements or damaged file headers

1 Like

Well, as you’ve said clearly in numorous topics: “engine is shitty software”. So that must be it…

However, we’re still here to help.

Could you check the tags, names, filenames of the MP3’s for out of the ordinary letters/symbols? Source? Maybe share some of those tracks (albeit not legal) or a list of tracks.

I have wav, flac and some mp3 in my collection without issues.

5 Likes

Refusing how? Are the files red, or are they not imported at all?

They imported nothing but rekordbox can I found a “do-it-yourself” solution. I convert them from mp3 320 kbps to mp3 320 kbps… with foobar

yes maybe, but rekordbox can read and import the same mp3 this is the problem

Can you screenshot an example of the file that isnt loading, with as much detail as possibly so we can see if there are any issues.

Now, now Reese. :joy:

2 Likes

There’ll be something non-standard or “off” about the files, like oversized album art or some such stuff. As requested, send a screenshot

it might be easier to send the 2 mp3s, before/after No?

Are the 2 files binary identical after conversion? Or does Foobar correct something that you’re perhaps unaware of? Unless you’re doing something really out of the ordinary I find it difficult to accept Engine is incapable of importing your MP3 files while Rekordbox can without photographic, video, or application log evidence. I have yet to personally observe what you describe in any DJ or library management software with any MP3 encoded files.