I have a few Problems with Playlists on SC5000

First of all i own 2x SC5000 and a X1850 since December and i had some time to play around with them.

• When im playing songs on the right Player they don’t turn green on the left one is there a way to fix this its very annoying.

• Is there a way to create/import Playlists with Beatport… Songs should be Standard these days imo. its supper annoying even importing them from rekordbox doesn’t work for me i have a lot of mixed playlists with different Streaming-Services and local Files since its easy to access.

-how do i import M3U8 Playlists… without using Rekordbox first and import the playlist from there.

Im overall very happy with the Hardware, but the Software side to manage the Library is questionable especially without the Streaming-Service access. It is the biggest reason why i would not recommend any one to use it when they are using Streaming-Services.

1 Like

Are you playing from the same media source on both players?

yes the same playlist from Beatport or my PC where the Files are for example it doesn’t work. it seems to only work for files on my USB drive.

Ah, I wonder if the streaming bit is broken. I refuse to use streaming, so that is a blind spot for me. :-/

Well it works if you use it the way it is supposed to work (USB)…

Anyway it doesn’t seem like they put too much effort in SC5000/SC6000 anymore and I understand why. Even if they had everything possible in any software on the market in standalone mode and were 1$ and Pioneer/AT would ask 1.000.000$ for less then a CDJ3000 people would still buy Pioneer/AT becuase of “Club standard”.

Can you elaborate on this statement? The SC5000, a device that came out in 2017 (as of 2024, that’s 7 years ago!) still gets OS updates and features that the hardware can allow.

The SC6000 is still a flagship player and gets updates also. 3.4.0 was released a few short months ago.

2 Likes

I did not say they don’t support them anymore of course they do! I said the don’t put extra effort into them.

With SC5000/SC6000 I include the Mixer. Where are all the effects that the controller got (not Touch Effects) or a new better mixer may be? Where are the stacked waveform between player? Where’s the updated 6000+ Version with Amazon Music?

For a flagship player I expect them to put more effort into besides getting the same updates that every other pieces of kit gets. The

But thats just your own personal viewpoint, the reality is the mixer has nothing to do with the players and shouldnt be bundled in with it. They are completely unrelated standalone devices.

I see it as full set and I don’t want to use A&H or AT mixer with them. But I see your point there.

But still there are no updates that are aimed at the flagship set/player. There are no optimations for the workflow on them. You’ve got more room on the displays with these players compared to Prime 4/SC Live/Go that could be used to make the workflow better on them.

Actually the biggest advantage of SC5000/SC6000 compared to Prime 4 is that you can use VDJ with almost no stutter on the display