I can't sync playlists from Engine DJ to the onboard hdd on my Prime 4 since 2.0

After a lot of headaches getting my library to sync to my prime 4 hard drive I can sync via sync manager but none of the playlists transfer over. The files and meta data seem to all be there but for some reason there are no playlists. There doesn’t appear to even be a way to manually move the playlists unless I make a playlist with the same name and manually transfer the files from the Engine DJ playlist to the new Prime Playlist.

A trivial question: are you using Engine DJ 2.0 on your computer and Engine OS 2.0 on the console too? Isn’t it that you still have firmware 1.6 on your console?

2.0 on both. Did the engine to engine dj update then the firmware update, and the library update.

If I were in your place I would completely delete the Prime 4 HD, then I run the sync manager and transfer everything from the main collection to the HD (empty), so you start from a clean situation.

I have done that a couple of times now with the exact same problem. I am guessing it’s an engine dj problem so I am now in the middle of the multi day process of starting my library from scratch and completely reinstalling engine.

You need to make sure the playlist box is checked on source and destination under the collection tree in engine 2.0. If you don’t your tracks will be transferred without a playlist just as you described. I transferred a 1GB flac set to my internal drive with 2.0. I have other issues with 2.0, this is not one of them.

Yes, I know to select the play lists. I have been using engine for well over a year now and have exported many times. It goes through the export process, says its complete but none of the playlists show up in the right part of the sync manager window nor on the prime drive.

Works fine for me, which leads me to believe it’s user error on your end.

Considering the amount of people having serious issues with 2.0 and the fact that I have done weekly library updates for a year with no issue, leads me to believe its a Denon software/firmware issue.

Yep this is definitely an issue. First there are no checkboxes on the right hand side of the sync manager. I select everything from the laptop collection, it exports the files but does not update the library on the external SSD. Which every way you want to look at it, it’s a bug.

Hey Sixth, I’m not familiar with anything that you mentioned. I can’t seem to find the playlist box that needs to be checked. This is in reference to Engine DJ 2.0, correct? Could you elaborate on this please? Would really appreciate it.

1 Like

This is been an ongoing issue here as well. However it worked one day, then the next… stopped working… and so many more other issues… i would be in awe of this setup if engine DJ would not be such a pain!

I have re done clean already twice… let me know if you find a solution please!