How to load backup prime 4 on new ssd

[quote=“DJROBYONE, post:20, topic:36806, full:true”]

hello … only now has the new SSD arrived, and I tell you that by cloning the original 1tb ssd to the new 240gb ssd, it tells me that more space is needed on the destination … yet the data to be synchronized is only 85gb … maybe xche does the clone want two identical ssd? but my aim is to have a smaller one inside the p4, so that it works faster and without delays, since from 1tb, it has to waste more time. so I did then the sync manager from engine os, and then it synchronized everything well for the right space that is needed, precisely 85 gb … now it happened to me to have deleted the songs from the playlist. how can I recover them? i think they are still inside engine os right? how do i go back in the operation and recover these 30 songs ?? Thanks again

what software are you using to clone

did you try the freefilesync?

plug both ssds to your laptop, your original on the left the new one on the right

use the mirror mode (arrow pointing to the right)

hello. then I wanted to tell you that the new ssd was smaller than the original capacity, so it gave an error due to insufficient capacity … … i had to use the sync manager to do this and then, it copied the 85gb data … and i ask is this normal? as software I used what I wrote to you some time ago above: acronis true image then I have another problem to export: the wifi does not work, at 2.4ghz but only 5ghz both a router and a smartphone hot spot, it normal this?

hello mufasa … during emigration with sync manager engine desktop, many traces in red were created in the internal library … I don’t understand why. while on the ssd instead I put everything back in place … now I’m afraid to resynchronize again because it will also make me create these imported red tracks on the ssd … you just tell me how best to do it? I do not trust the software engine since version 2.0 was created, I am having these problems … me then use your software that you wrote above to synchronize new changes to the playlists and add new music? can you tell me step by step how to do it? step by step, step by step ^? Thanks again

Hi :wave:

1. You should not be seeing red in your Engine Desktop

2. Perhaps you need to start afresh

I will need a few details

1. Your computer specs
  2. Location of your master music files

before version 2.0 everything was fine though…I never had traces in red. cmq pc laptop asus i5 16 gb ram…files inserted in the ssd internal to the P4 then I made a migration with the sync manager from the old 1tb ssd to this new 250gb ssd and here are the problems of the lost tracks in red

Thanks for sharing the computer specs

When you download new music from the internet where do you save the music file?

sorry for my english.i use google traslate…:

I put the tracks on my asus pc, then I connect the p4 via proprietary usb, I open engine os on the pc, and from the internal browser, I take the tracks and bring them into the playlist that I create on my internal SSd, I analyze these new tracks by engine of songs just inserted, then I disconnect the ssd. But when I wanted to try the engine os sync manager function, the whole problem of lost tracks in red was born, so I had to take the music files back, and bring them back to the playlists where they were missing … now I don’t want to use this sync function anymore manager to export to the ssd drive, because I’m afraid of finding these problems every time !! … if I don’t use this function anymore, all my songs, I find them all ready to be placed in the created playlists time by time, and they are working on the internal ssd … I would like you to tell me if it is okay to do so from now on, or am I wrong to do some operation? what do you advise me, to work easily, every time I have to insert new songs and create playlists. without creating problems to the internal library of Engine os?

before you connect p4 ssd via usb to computer

1. add the tracks you downloaded or all your computer music to engine dj software (laptop)
  2. make yours playlist in engine dj, analyse the tracks etc.
  3. now connect p4 usb to computer
  4. use Sync Manager to send Playlists from Engine DJ computer collection to Prime 4 SSD

so let’s see if I understand correctly … I only have to open engine desktop on my asus pc … on the left column I read “engine librery” with all the playlists that the pc has memorized, and here I create a new playlist every time, and insert all the new tracks of the songs that have come out on the market … after that, only now that I have done this, I connect the pc, with blue usb, to P4, and I’m going to select the sync manager, doing what though? the external to drive…or sync to engine os? because it asks me 2 options … I choose the first right? PS: the 2 videos you posted to me. I had already seen them for years, only they speak only in fast English and I could never understand them … as I wrote you above.I use google traslate.I always asked denon, to insert the choice of language in their firmware in Italian … but they never did.

Yes sir.

1. When you finish working on the playlist and tracks on the laptop using the music on the laptop to make playlists and hotcues

2. Then you plug in the P4 USB (controller mode)

3. Then click sync manager

4. On the Left side you will see all the playlist you created under “SELECT PLAYLISTS TO EXPORT”. Tick the ones you want to send to the “P4 SSD”

5. On the right side of sync manager choose “P4 SSD” name

6. Then click “EXPORT TO DRIVE” below Left side

so what do you think about my lost red tracks after updating to version 2.0? can I trust the synchronization that the engine does, or better not to do it, and directly copy the new tracks, on the new playlists created on the ssd? because I have always done so … and I have never lost a trace, and therefore never had traces in red … what do you recommend?

If you keep to the method i describe you should not have any more red files.

If you copy directly from laptop to p4 ssd things can go missing

Keep it simple, and use Sync Manager

I don’t have a single red file in my library

Found an Italian Tutorial

yes, I know this sosdj website, but I wanted your specific advice, on what better to do, to avoid losing songs during synchronization … since you have always helped me well

1 Like

I wanted to ask you another problem … my wifi on the P4, recognizes only the 5 ghz band, while the 2.4 does not … in the old firmware version 1.5.0 it was fine instead. to do a factory reset but nothing to do. and the same thing happens if I try hotspot on my smartphone, which connects the P4 well only if connected to the 5ghz band and not on the 2.4 … yet on mine router fritsgate 7590, there are the same identical settings on both bands, with free ports for the p4 … I don’t understand how to fix

This one is above my pay grade

Perhaps @Reese can help

recommending the simple way

1. Use sync manager to export after adding your laptop tracks to desktop engine.

@Reese

@DJDark

I don’t know TBH. I have seen it the other way around, but that’s mostly because of higher bandwidth channel numbers in 5GHz.

@DJROBYONE Might be a hardware defect or otherwise test with a very old firmware.

@Anthony_DDJ Long shot, but maybe an internal wifi module error?

1 Like

I wonder … how can you break a wifi module by itself if little or nothing is used? I use the P4 only in the recording studio among other things , therefore never moved … and then anyway it worked with initial firmware , while now only with 5ghz band, even on smartphone hotspot … and I ask you can you go back with old firmware and go back to working with these like a year ago? are these old fw on the denon site? or can they give problems to the library just modified with version 2.0?

I’m not saying that it is a physical issue due to handling, but it’s electronics; It’s a computer inside, so anything can happen. :wink:

You should be able to go back to 1.6. Database wise it will use the old un-migrated non 2.0 version that probably is still there.