How often is the database being saved while working in the Engine DJ app?

I know on Traktor, it didn’t save any changes you were making until you exited. Does anyone know about Engine DJ?

I’m currently doing a massive re-sort of lots of my tracks (hours of work), is it saving the full database to disk every time I’m moving songs into playlists etc, or should I be regularly quitting Engine DJ to make it save changes?

You have to manually backup the library in the settings (or it’ll let you know on exit if it’s been more than a week since the last backup) :blush:

But everything you do will automatically be there the next time you open the application - it’s not like you’ll lose hours of work if you forget saving before exiting :blush:

1 Like

After just experiencing a crash The answer is it saves as you’re working (i think) for anyone else reading, I just had Engine DJ crash & quit when it couldn’t load an mp3 and ejected my drive, upon reloading, it seems to have changes i was making just before the crash

Side note, the mp3 that crashes Engine DJ, doesn’t crash my SC Live 4

Hopefully by uploading that file somewhere and linking it here the devs can look into why it caused it to crash.

After that, give it a repair and see if it helps fix the track. I’ve fixed a few crashing mp3 files over the years, over different DJ softwares.

I think mp3val on Windows (I’ll have to think of the Mac one I use).

2 Likes

Tagging the denon team, so they can take a look at the file. @AIRVince

The file was this one: Wetransfer - Chaka Khan - I Know You, I Live You.mp3 - though loaded ok today, but have made a new resaved mp3 for the future in case this original one crashes Engine again

On MacOS I use this: triq.net - MP3 Scan + Repair App

It has been great at fixing mp3 files that crashed Traktor and found so many faulty headers on purchased files. Recommended by myself.

1 Like

Hey folks, You have come to the correct conclusion the database is updated regularly as it is used and not on exit.

I’ve taken the track link down, as sharing copywrited material (crashy or not) is not permitted on the forum.

2 Likes

Thanks for updating the link with a copyright-safe one @AIRVince, I highly recommend anyone reading check the track out, great tune.

I will try the MP3 checkers out recommended cheers guys