How is Denon positioning in your country?

Guys, I created the post to know how is and how the positioning of Denon in their countries works. Sorry if the post is not in the correct place.

The purpose is to know better what the markets around the world are like. I live in Brazil, a big Dj market there we are a country with more than 200 million inhabitants and a very large party scenes.

Here in Brazil at this very moment that I create this post there is a music fair “Connects+ Business Music and Market”. It is one of the largest fairs linked to music in the country, I am not mistaken in Latin America, for a long time this fair did not happen and this year it returned.

I unfortunately this year can not go to the fair, it happens in São Paulo and I live very far away! But friends are going and sending photos and videos of the various booths of DJ equipment! No sign of Denon or In Music there! Sad that!

The industry standard is there with one of the largest booths and packed DJs to see the latest releases of the brand. Missed Denon there! At least to be! “Who is not seen, is not remembered” the saying goes.

Does this occur in your countries? Is it difficult to find denon equipment in stores? Spare parts or even brand warranty? Here in Brazil we have no official sale, much less warranty or spare parts. One of the things that makes the equipment be ignored by the djs here.

What will be the positioning of in Music? I see many say that Denon’s positioning is focused on mobile djs, that must be why the fire became the all in one and no longer the SC6000! But here nothing of Brand Marketing even in this sense!

I would like to know how the guys from different countries deal with this situation. Because I pray not to have problems with my equipment, I will not know where to take them l fix if they come to have any problems! Several technicians who repair DJ appliances, if you want to get their hands on a denon equipment! And if you put it, it will be to learn! :pray::pray:

1 Like

Barely anyone uses it or even knows about it in the U.K., it’s all Pioneer

1 Like

Yes, it really is even a rhetorical question. But then, what about the market issue there in the UK? Does Denon warrant equipment? Can you find equipment in stores easily there?

Barely anyone uses it in my city. In the mid west of america, serato is dominate with a variety of pioneer and rane gear running it.

1 Like

Before the Internet, social media, vlogs and all those “wonderful” little vloggers running around the shows from ripe drop, this might have been a concern. Not now.

1 Like

You can find Denon gear easily in most stores in the U.K… warranty is a year.

1 Like

Yes yes, but what I mean is in direct regard. As I gave the example, to be rolling a music fair in my country, with major brands marking presence and many djs making comments like “where’s Denon?”.

I don’t really even care about it, my real concern is the lack of technicians who know how to fix my equipment. As I mentioned, Denon has no official market in my country and because of this has no guarantee. The denon products that are sold here arrive on behalf of independent importers. As the brand has few equipment in the DJ market, no electronics technician knows the equipment. That’s my real fear, needing a repair and having to leave it in my hand of those who have never seen the equipment!

1 Like

I wouldn’t buy Denon if I was in your Country due to knowing that its got no guarantee and its going to be a nightmare getting it fixed.

3 Likes

By opening post up with so many facets, it’s almost coming across as a moan, rather than a question, or group of questions. It’s too big a group of questions for one thread.

Perhaps a tinge of buyers remorse, when there’s absolutely no need.

You WILL and DO have a guarantee/warranty for a year. If you/they grey imported it then your warranty should be fully valid BUT it’s valid in the country that you bought it from. It’ll be truely and understandable that you’ll need to pay the international courier fees with suitable insurance etc, both ways - IF and it’s only an IF you need to send the product in for repair, within that warranty period. A dealer makes a couple of hundred bucks of profit on a Prime. In that, he might expect that one prime in 500 needs to go back to InMusic for a repair and it’s sort of ok for the dealer to have to pay LOCAL courier charges to and from the customer for collecting/returning a repair item. But with international insured two way shipping potentially costing hundreds of bucks would steal back all of the dealers meagre profit per product, and then some.

Thats the twist with grey importing - it’s sometimes a cheaper way of getting a product or a way of getting a product that’s not normally (or yet) available in a different region. But the warranty is understandably from the country of purchase, rather than the country of use.

1 Like

The momentum they had got killed by their inability to have things on stock in the Netherlands (and the rest of the world). It doesn’t take away the fact both companies were dealing with chip shortages. But Pioneer DJ was also dealing with an incident to their main supplier of other parts.

From the outside it looked like InMusic/Denon DJ wasn’t able to pivot quickly enough, where Pioneer DJ was.

What I’m currently seeing is people on a budget opting for Denon DJ as it offers a bit more for less than Pioneer DJ.
And it’s really hard to break habits for people in the Netherlands. But the numbers are low. And I can’t recall if I’ve seen Denon gear at a venue. Aside from when their ambassadors are/were playing.

1 Like

Supply chains have certainly been a factor, I think in the UK it has improved I was able to get my go and LC6000s fairly quickly the Sc live 4 was a quick buy too, it took a few months to get my sc6000s bundle but this was during covid so can’t really complain. Denon i think is making progress as Pioneer arguably took their foot off the gas with the cdj 3000’s and even the most fan boy of fan boys knows the sc6000 is a better player feature wise, however what may be more impactful to Denon is the departure of Laid Back Luke and his focus on Algorithm DJ PRO, whilst it is not a threat at present it soon could be. Others in the forum and online have expressed Denon/Engine making the Engine Desktop software a fully functional DJ system, I would agree if Engine wishes to continue to making in roads but also have a tablet/Phone version, accesability and portability are going to be key factors for the budget market. My son has now advised he does not want to share the sc live 4 with me and wants the reloop buddy so he can use it with his tablet, and whilst I would not use it, I can see why he wants to dj that way and there is no Denon equivilent at present

1 Like

There are already people who are Denon users advertising their equipment for sale after going to the Music Fair at the weekend! As I mentioned above, Pioneer is a big player there, and was highly anticipated due to the new equipment that is not yet easily available for sale. Many went there, got their hands on the equipment and are already getting rid of their Denonss! I really don’t even know what to think about it! Pioneer has nothing that pleases me in terms of embedded software and features in its players or all in one! That’s sad! But everyone knows what’s best for them, but the lack of a competitor to Pioneer in the Brazilian market is evident in several groups of DJs this week!

It always amazed me that since In Music’s in the New England area, that they are not more accessible in the surrounding area retailers. Sadly I think the only time I can remember seeing one in a Guitar Center shop was back in 1998 when the DN-2500 came out, then years later, back when more affordable CDJ style decks came out, like the dn-s5000 but that was again, in a random Guitar Center but none of the surrounding locations or other music shops carried them.

Guitar Center in Boston seems to be the only spot that carries the pro level gear now a days but traveling to that is a royal pain.

I wish they had more of a market presence in the North East but sadly it’s probably based on customer interest and it’s just not something that most folks are into therefore it’s not really sold in physical stores now :frowning:

1 Like

I cant speak for the US, I can however speak for the U.K. my local retailer has a stand setup in his shop and it’s as big as the Pioneer stand with just as much InMusic gear on display/demo. Looking at pics online many of the other main players in the U.K. are the same.

1 Like

I’d say that it’s more the norm across the pond STU-C than it ever will be in the US. That would explain the easier availability and in-store accessibility compared to what we get here.

1 Like