How do i bypass PLAY LOCK on the SC2900's also the turntable has been freezing on memo checking

So im having an issue with some of my tracks in my playlist of songs than i use through a usb into the player , the problem is that some of the tracks come up as PLAY LOCKED when i try to load then, not sure why this is happening to certain tracks and not others but i cant find any answers online so far, im also having encountering freezes of the turntable when loading tracks, it gets stuck on MEMO CHECKING and i have waited for almost ten minutes once with no prevail and thats obviously way to long to dj consistently so i have had to keep turning it off and on to solve the issue and again not anything online. I am thankful for any knowledge that people can give . Cheers =)

I think this might help you a bit, this is from a S3700 manual where it’s better explained.

Memo issues might be a problem with the storage memory you are using?

Cool that explains the play lock issue but still kind of confused about the memo checking problem, you say that it might be to so with how im storing my tracks , what do you mean exactly when you say storage memory. Is there any chance i need to update the firmware on my sc2900’s so they are better compatible with more modern files?

The MEMO reading very slow in the CD mode. 5-15 sec. (Linked drive more than 20 sec if Master drive hard working same pendrive.)

Speed up: Format pendrive to FAT (NOT FAT32) and set minimal cluster size. (I’m partitioned 8GB drive to only 32MB, FAT16. Earlier 8-10 sec (FAT32) speed up to 4-6 sec, linked drive 7-12 sec.) Not store another file, music, etc. This is only MEMO pendrive!

If stored audio files + MEMO data, two file read same time… slow working, freeze display 1-2 sec and slower read MEMO data.

This is a standard waveform data memo. The full memo load (+ 4 HOTCUE, A-B point, speed, lock, etc.) more time. If you set 4 hotcue, A-B point, speed, need plus buffer filling time to 4 hotcue data and reloop data. Need to hotstart (0,0… sec precise start). This is normal.

I’m home mixing used Memo data to easy mix. Live mixing not plugged Memo drive, to 1-2 sec track change (not 5-8 sec with MEMO).

If your reading speed very slow, please check the disc to correctly readable. If your USB reading speed slow, please run chkdsk /f /x for error checking or use faster drive. (Some cheap pendrive read speed less than 5MB/s, random read less than 2MB/s. Need minimum 8MB/s reading speed for correct working.

PLAY LOCK problem solving:

The MEMO data stored PLAY LOCK function, thus one file Play lock off, another file play lock on.

The solution: Load “Play locked” track, press “Single” button to Lock off, and press Memo button, select Overwrite and push SEL button. Now MEMO data stored with play lock off.